Viewing: 1-5 of 5
aran

aran - Feb 15, 2011 2:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow, thank you.

Man, that is a beautiful and very touching story and tribute to your love. Thank you for sharing that with all of us, and best of luck on all your future aspirations together- it sounds like you have very solid ground with each other to build what you will together. Congratulations!

jfrishmanIII

jfrishmanIII - Feb 17, 2011 3:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Thank you

Really nice, Scott! I definitely recognize some of the feelings you describe, and experiences shared with a loved one mean a lot more than those that only please yourself.

Maybe there should be some river trips in your future!

scramblingbadger

scramblingbadger - Apr 6, 2016 5:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Our appreciation for your inspiration

My wife and I can empathize with what you have gone through. In 2010, my wife was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. While it ended all long hikes and whitewater rafting for her, we find there are still many things we can share. The way you two have pulled together in adverse circumstances will certainly grow you and build your character. Best wishes to you both!

Scott

Scott - Apr 7, 2016 11:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Our appreciation for your inspiration

Best of luck to you too as well!

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - Apr 10, 2016 9:43 am - Voted 10/10

Very Moving Story

I don't know why I haven't read this Trip Report earlier, but I find it very moving to hear of your and your wife's reaction to learning that she had such a severe heart problem. It is amazing that she hadn't felt any symptoms before it was diagnosed. I find it easy to understand your situation, because my wife nine years ago began to develop a chronic neurological condition that shortly after made it impossible for her to do any climbing, and actually also prevented me from climbing because I have to take care of her, and can only be away for a couple of hours, while the nearest mountains (The Alps) are two days drive away. We are lucky, though, that her memory and intelligence are not affected, so that we can both share the memories of the time we have spent together in the mountains.

I wish you many happy years together, and sincerely hope that your wife's artificial heart valve operation, when she has to have one, will be a complete success.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Love, Bombshells, Heartbreak and Mount Shasta' main page