Viewing: 1-20 of 25
12
mpbro

mpbro - Jan 17, 2002 10:20 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work




Geoff, nice page, which I would give 3.5 stars if I could. The information is quite thorough. One distraction: you have a lot of page breaks in the text, which prevent the text from appearing as a continuous paragraph. You can fix that by "edit"ing the page and then removing the line breaks with the delete key. They can be kinda hard to find, but if you open a separate window with the existing mountain page, you can usually find them.



For a popular, high mountain like this, I think it's crucial to find some more resources on the web (trip reports, accomodations, etc.). Once you find a link, you can make a direct link by doing this:



Click here

tbnelson

tbnelson - Sep 20, 2002 9:38 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I have adopted the page and cleaned up the page breaks, syntax, spelling and organization of the page. I will start to add detailed route information over the next week. Please take a look.

Popoff - Nov 21, 2002 9:45 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. Very good info.

tlogan

tlogan - Apr 1, 2003 5:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice improvements, the page seems to be in good hands now.

Haliku

Haliku - Mar 11, 2005 12:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Update in progress as I just took over the page. Please review and comment.

Summitmark

Summitmark - Apr 7, 2003 11:36 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I know the mountain and it is very beautiful.

The page gives the scent of the enchanted populations of Mexico.

Very good page!

Anyway, could I suggest a thing? You might to rename the title of the page and, next to the name of Pico de Orizaba, post also the former name "Citlateptl": this volcano is famous with this name as same as with the name you titled the page with!



Friendly.

Marco.

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Jun 6, 2003 12:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page and the pictures are very beautiful.

vertx

vertx - Sep 30, 2003 9:24 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Love the pictures. 2004 trip is planned and I will be back to this page before I go.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Feb 13, 2004 3:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Would like to give this page 3.5 stars but it's not an option. I think the overview section could use some beefing up. This is a mountain known worldwide and just think you can find more info about it to tell. What you have is good, just not enough in my mind.



Additionally, there are a lot of spelling errors on your page. I also think you should incorporate some of the additions that have been submitted by other climbers into your page, specifically, the links provided by John.



Let me know if you get around to updating your page and I will be happy to update my vote as well. Thanks.



Updated to 4 stars -- 3/21/05 Nice job!

Haliku

Haliku - Mar 11, 2005 12:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Update in progress as I just took over the page. Please revisit for a review and comments.

IdahoSummits

IdahoSummits - Feb 14, 2004 9:18 am - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

No rating of the common route. Distance and elevation gain for the trip would be great. Get rid of the spelling errors.

Haliku

Haliku - Mar 11, 2005 10:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi. I now maintain this mountain. If you'd like to revisit and review I'd appreciate it. Cheers!

GMatthews

GMatthews - May 13, 2004 11:21 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page, Good Work!!

joseguzman58

joseguzman58 - Feb 21, 2005 8:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I climbed Citlaltepetl on February 2005, I had with me a friend who is a mountain guide and who has summited Orizaba's 70+times. The information I got from your page was very useful, is nice to be able to recognize land features on your own when you are going with a pro!

Thanks for a good page.......Jose.

James C

James C - Jul 7, 2005 6:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This Is a Great Page! I sur hope i can climb this one some day

Haliku

Haliku - Jul 7, 2005 9:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote. You'll be able to climb it with the experience you are getting in Colorado. Take a glacier travel class or be taught and you'll be set. It'd be a great trip to do over Christmas break from college. Cheers!

JasonH

JasonH - May 27, 2006 3:41 am - Voted 10/10

Great Job!

Awesome looking page. I really hope to climb this one in the future (if my wife will let me).

Haliku

Haliku - May 29, 2006 3:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Job!

Thanks for the comments. Congrats on becoming a dad.

rickford

rickford - Sep 11, 2008 4:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Always improving!

Haliku, the page is looking great! Nice work!

Curtissimo

Curtissimo - Dec 6, 2008 3:32 pm - Hasn't voted

name of the peak

I think you should really title this by the peak's correct name, Citlaltepetl. You could put Pico de Orizaba in parenthsis if you must. It's not that hard to say, especially if you know the etymology: citlalli (seet-lally) means star, and tepetl (tay- pet) means mountain (tepec (tay-pec) is hill). Putting them together is Citlal-tepetl (seet-lal-tay-pet). It's really easy onece you say it a couple of times!

Viewing: 1-20 of 25
12
Return to 'Pico de Orizaba' main page