The Stunning Knife Blade of Taulliraju

The Stunning Knife Blade of Taulliraju

View of the distant knife-blade peak Taulliraju at the head of the Santa Cruz Valley in the Cordillera Blanca of Peru. Taulliraju is said to be the most difficult summit to reach in the range. Photo from above Alpamayo Col camp, low on the east ridge of Quitaraju. By Howie Silleck, August 17, 2007.
hhsilleck
on Aug 20, 2007 7:08 pm
Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing,  Scenery
Image ID: 326453

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Scott

Scott - Aug 20, 2007 7:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Cayesh and Chacraraju

One experienced climber told me that Cayesh was the hardest in the range, but I can't say that from personal experience. John Biggar rates Chacraraju as more difficult.

After all, I doubt I will ever climb any of them! Either way, these are some serious and beautiful mountains. Nice shot! What an awesome mountain!

hhsilleck

hhsilleck - Aug 20, 2007 8:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Cayesh and Chacraraju

Hi Scott -
I'm with you here - I have no immediate plans to climb any of those peaks! Brad Johnson's Classic Climbs of the Cordillera Blanca is the source I saw that named Taulliraju the most difficult summit to reach ... but any of those are certainly ridiculously difficult. Johnson gives Cayesh a TD+ rating and the most frequented route on Taulliraju a rating of ED1- both look more like completely impossible to me!
Cheers,
Howie

Andino

Andino - Aug 22, 2007 9:59 am - Voted 10/10

Beautiful...

picture !
I've attached it to my Spire-shaped Mountains album.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3