Viewing: 1-6 of 6
cp0915

cp0915 - Apr 26, 2007 10:18 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent

I really enjoyed your TR.

kungfuscious

kungfuscious - Apr 26, 2007 10:45 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks

Thanks! I had been meaning to put it all together for some time now. I had written a set of emails while I was away, so the text was already done. I just had to upload some pictures and clean it up a bit. I will be writing some more soon, since I'm going with my wife to South America for all of July. We're starting with hiking around Peru for a few weeks, then I'll try to get my ass up a high mountain in Ecuador. (Chimborazo or Cotopaxi, depending on the weather). After that, we'll fly out to the Galapagos Islands for 10 days, and then finally head to the island of Bonaire to scuba dive a bit. Should be action packed! (If my body handles the altitude well enough, I plan on giving Denali a try in June, 2008. That's been my dream since '93!)

cp0915

cp0915 - Apr 26, 2007 11:13 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks

Excellent. I wish you the best.

milan1970

milan1970 - Jan 10, 2008 2:37 am - Voted 10/10

great story

Had a good time reading your story. Just returned from a six weeks of Borneo and all his beautiful sides. My favourite moment was a jungle trek with 'Uncle Tan'. Saw so many animals in the wild in daytime and at night, really impressive. Thanks for posting it so I can come back sometimes to read and remind me :-)

Milan

ibelieveindevil - May 23, 2013 11:22 pm - Hasn't voted

About the cars

Seriously i dont know where you get the idea, but PROTON do not produce SUVs, nor they copy those cars that you mentioned. In fact the only car they constantly make a reference is those from Mitsubitshi, which they are in partnership with.

Pickups and SUVs are in abundance in Sabah and Sarawak, but not in the Ppeninsular Malaysia. Honda Civics is probably one of the most popular foreign vehicles in malaysia, along with toyota vios.

utahjimk

utahjimk - Jan 29, 2014 9:55 am - Hasn't voted

good story

note that "kota" = town (Kota Kinabalu) and "gunung" = mountain (Gunung Kinabalu). so, should not call the mountain Mt Kota Kinabalu. enjoyed your article!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Adventures in Borneo (climbed Mt. Kota Kinabalu)' main page