Apologies to Fellow Summitpost Members

Apologies to Fellow Summitpost Members

Page Type Page Type: Article

Apology

You got on Summitpost and then you see the title "As Close to Death as You'll Get." You then read it and think "What were these kids thinking?!" You then posted your advice on the Trip Report to find out this kid thinks he know's everything and he reply's in anger at you.

Yes, a few of you Summitpost members might remember this very well. In July of 2009, my dear friend and I had an accident on the Maroon Bells and nearly lost our lives. When I posted the Trip Report I should not of been surprised with the comments I got.

I want to apologize to you all for the comments I said. I understand you were looking out for my safety. I just looked over and reread the Trip Report and comments and felt this was needed. I feel like most of those arguments were left off in rage. I feel like that is not me. I want them to end in peace in not in hate.

That was mostly because of my reply's. I admit that. At no single point did I mention where I went wrong. I stated everyone else was wrong and I was right. I feel like an apology is needed on my part for the dangerous attitude I had.

All I ask is for you all to forgive me. And I hope you can do that.

I am very sad to say, Kevin has passed away. He passed on June 15, 2010 on Little Bear Peak but I'm sure he would say the same thing if he was hear with us today. A good friend that will be missed dearly.

Thanks guys.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
CSUMarmot

CSUMarmot - Oct 28, 2010 6:41 pm - Hasn't voted

.

You did a great job explaining what happened, people should regard this with value and learn from your mistake. It is personnal accounts like that that are more helpful than anything else on this site and should be recognized as so. So make good of your experience, and its nice to see humility on this site

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Oct 31, 2010 5:52 pm - Hasn't voted

No need...

...for an apology! I have no idea what happened to Kevin but I'm very sorry to hear this! RIP

Foxy Long Bottoms

Foxy Long Bottoms - Nov 1, 2010 11:51 am - Voted 10/10

You. . .

are obviously one mature kid. Keep climbing. Keep the peace.

Joe White

Joe White - Nov 6, 2010 11:57 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks

for your courage. May I ask how Kevin passed away?

Peace brotha...as you grieve.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4