Chimney Canyon

Chimney Canyon

There was in years past a trail/route up this canyon, but it is no longer shown on the official maps. Due to the snow clogging it April 29, 2016 I was not able to determine if it was still viable. Sleeping Giant Provincial Park. Ontario Canada. Edit 5/25/2016: From a poster on another site: "..but we were told by a ranger in the park office that the old trail (Chimney Trail), now well hidden, is crumbling and lethal, and the rangers will charge anyone caught trying to use it"
Stu Brandel
on May 11, 2016 9:34 pm
Image ID: 971854

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Noondueler

Noondueler - May 25, 2016 12:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Totally awesome!

Game of Thrones or something!

Stu Brandel

Stu Brandel - May 25, 2016 7:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Totally awesome!

Winter is coming...and last winter still hasn't left!

I have read since this report that the trail up this canyon to the top was closed by the park a few years ago.

Stu Brandel

Stu Brandel - May 25, 2016 8:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Totally awesome!

From a poster on another site: "..but we were told by a ranger in the park office that the old trail (Chimney Trail), now well hidden, is crumbling and lethal, and the rangers will charge anyone caught trying to use it"

Noondueler

Noondueler - May 25, 2016 10:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Totally awesome!

Did you take it from a bridge? It's such a dynamic statement of rock.

Stu Brandel

Stu Brandel - May 26, 2016 9:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Totally awesome!

There is no bridge, but the extreme end of the North side of the canyon is about 30 feet lower than the rest of the canyon edge, and very accessible. However, while I was comfortable taking a shot from this great platform, there was enough of a fracture between it and the main rock to keep me from eating lunch there!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5