Viewing: 1-10 of 10
AJones

AJones - Apr 27, 2009 10:57 am - Voted 10/10

I'm pooped

My whole body is sore right now; had a fairly intimate relationship with an ice pack most of last night. It was worth it though!!!

HS - Apr 27, 2009 12:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Stoked!

Nice work, you guys! Sounds like you nailed it in good style. Definitely a great season-ender! So you say you've been rock climbing already....?

AJones

AJones - Apr 27, 2009 12:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Stoked!

Hi Heidi; I've been to the Juno wall five times this year. It's the only place that has been warm enough to climb. Our first time there, we did a long ice climb in the morning and then climbed at the Juno Wall (in the sun) in the afternoon.

jrjonesy

jrjonesy - Apr 27, 2009 12:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Great job!

Way to go guys! Looks like it was a beautiful and intimidating climb.

klwagar

klwagar - Apr 27, 2009 3:57 pm - Voted 10/10

wow

I climbed the gullies at Easter and thought it was pretty done for the year. (the running water sound behind the ice for instance!) Wow, great story and great photos.

GCutforth

GCutforth - Apr 27, 2009 10:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: wow

Two weeks ago I was saying the same thing. The recent weather kind of forced us to revisit the ice season. To be honest the weather on the climb felt very much like ice climbing season. Frozen hands and cold belays.

pvalchev

pvalchev - Apr 30, 2009 4:03 pm - Voted 10/10

nice tr!

my day on it 3 weeks ago was very similar, reading this really made my memories come alive... thanks for sharing!
(the first pitch was for sure harder for us too, i thought, the 2nd was spooky w/ the traverse to the little cave, and i remember the horizontal crack too!)

GCutforth

GCutforth - May 1, 2009 10:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: nice tr!

Thanks for the note. Your post and pics on Gravsports planted the seed for me. With the cooler weather we had here there was really no excuse not to go check it out. I still can't believe Hedd-wyn finished the first pitch on a broken pic. Great job!

chris_goulet

chris_goulet - May 4, 2009 2:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Great TR

Your TR made it to SP home page, right on top! I overheard Aaron mentioning SP at the Arts Festival in Hinton on Saturday April 25. When I introduced myself, he said 'You're the Mount Robson guy, right?' I was amazed when he told me he was going climbing tomorrow with you. So late? In the art show in Grande Cache on Sunday, my mind wandered enviously to what you'd be up to that day. Well I couldn't have a better answer than this TR. Love the lines like 'a large piece of ice that had eyes for only me', and 'avoiding the icy meteor'. Great job on this grade IV, WI6 and thanks for the TR. Maybe see you on ice next season.

GCutforth

GCutforth - May 5, 2009 9:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great TR

Hey Chris. Thanks for the note. Aaron had told me he had bumped into you the evening before. What a small world.

I drove by Curtain Call on Sunday and it still looked like it was good to go.

Take it easy.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Curtain Call on the 2009 Ice Season' main page