Daring Dreams 2

Daring Dreams 2

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Mountaineering

A Year Later. . .

Everyone wants to leave this world with something they are so proud of that they accomplished. That is their dreams being completed. Sadly, the fact is it does not happen that much. Most people don’t have the mental preparation for it which you need!

Some are scared to face the reality of there dreams or some just have too many distractions that come along which happens quite often in our modern society. You need to stay focused on your dream and know that you can accomplish it!

I’m sixteen now and my dream is as strong as ever. Everything about my dream is still the same except I’m going to climb the 14 8,000m peaks in the winter.

You can call me crazy or whatever you want. I’m going to do it and keep going till I can’t go anymore! Nothing is going to stop me. I have met two rare people, Brandon Molnar, and Ryan Halsey that have the same strong dream as me. They are just as excited and passionate about this as me. I could not be happier about having them as my climbing partners. We are going to call our quest of all the 14 8,000m peaks in the winter “Daring Dreams.”



The Preps

We want to climb Makalu as our first 8,000m peak. Our options after that are wide open but we don’t know for sure what comes after that. Of course the preparation for such a serious climb will have to be good! In two years we want to winter ascent Mount Rainier and then head off to Aconcagua, Ama Dablam, and Denali, and maybe another peak that interests us. Those are the main mountains we are looking at for preparation.

Climbing has impacted my life so much. It has got me so excited to be the best I can be at everything I do! I know this journey is going to be full of obstacles and things that will seem so impossible to pass.

Himalayan climbing is full of dangers. There are so many ways to easily die up there. With just one misplaced step, that could be the end for you. It’s not safe at all especially in the winter. I accept the risk I will take up there. One thing I have realized in the books I have read is that the mountain will always be there no matter what. You only have one life to live though. No second chances. You can’t take risks. You need to manage them as Ed Viesturs puts it.

Get This In Your Mind

Dreams are endless, so there’s no end to accomplishment. One thing I love to do is write my dreams down in words. Writing them down really does help. It keeps your dream alive. When I have something I’m so passionate about, I love to write about it and read and just fill myself with as much information as I can. I know I can’t climb those mountains right now, but you know my imagination and dreams will go just as high as that mountain.

For many people I’m the closest they will come to success. No matter what your dream may be you’re always going to get those people in your life that try to discourage you and say you can’t do it, or it’s impossible. I know I have faced a lot of those people. When you’re faced with these people you can’t begin to doubt yourself. If you begin to doubt yourself that will soon turn into an “I can’t do this” thought. Everything will follow your mind. If you have the mind, then everything will fall into place. Train your mind the right way!

Join Me With your Own Dreams

You will face obstacles that might seem impossible to pass. Whether that means failure several times, or whatever it may be. If you really want your dream, nothing will stop you. You can do anything if you just put your mind to it. Whether that would be climbing, Professional Sports, Business, or whatever it may be. Keep going until you can’t go anymore!

It’s been three strong years since the start of my dream. It’s as strong as ever. I’m ready to get started. Are you and your dreams coming to the top with me?

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
SJD

SJD - Oct 22, 2008 1:23 am - Hasn't voted

I don't doubt it -

I began reading your article somewhere in the middle and then re-started from the top down. When I noticed your age it occurred to me how mature your writing and thoughts are. Given your mindset, I have no doubt you'll be tagging those 8K peaks sooner rather than later. Good stuff.

silversummit

silversummit - Oct 22, 2008 7:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Revisit this page every few months!

And update us with how you are doing. This sounds like a life mission statement and a great one at that!

noahs213

noahs213 - Oct 23, 2008 2:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks

Everyone for the encouragement and checking out my article. I am planning on winter ascenting Mount Hood by the Yocum Ridge in about two years and mean while winter ascenting all the 14'ers i can bag and racking up all the experience. Ill keep everyone posted. Thanks once again

RyanHalsey1

RyanHalsey1 - Oct 23, 2008 7:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks.

Thanks for the encouragement everybody. We are excited about our dream and can't wait to get going.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4