Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 35.33000°N / 111.6456°W
Additional Information Elevation: 11460 ft / 3493 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is Arizona's 4th highest ranked mountain and 6th highest point. Both Doyle and Fremont have the longest routes getting to the base of the mountains in the Kachina Wilderness Area, and are the same routes. The two peaks can be done in one day. Doyle is the easiest mountain to do in the Kachina Wilderness. From The Saddle that connects Fremont and Doyle hike north up the mountain. It's a steep grassy climb to the top. There is no loose rock to contend with. The top is a long flat summit with its high point towards the northeastern end. To get to the saddle between Doyle and Fremont go see the Fremont page.

Getting There

There are no standard routes to the mountain, they are all the same as Fremonts routes. To see them go to the Fremont page.

From the saddle head up to the peak. The climb is steep, but its on grassy slopes.

Red Tape

none

When To Climb

June-Sept.

Camping

Locket Meadow is a popular place to camp with no fees. You can camp at Schultz tank.

Mountain Conditions

See the Fremont peak page or the Humphreys peak page.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
markmay

markmay - Nov 25, 2003 3:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

If you are interested in helping restore the cabin on Doyle Peak please send me an e-mail.

Thanks,
markmay@lauberge.com

Humphrey

Humphrey - Nov 27, 2023 7:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Untitled Comment

FYI: the cabin was restored in 2015 and 2016, but has since burned in it's entirety in the Pipeline fire of 2022.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2