Flat tire near the Khunjerab Pass (4693m)

Flat tire near the Khunjerab Pass (4693m)

Flat tire just below the Khunjerab Pass (4693m) on the Karakoram Highway.
BigLee
on Jan 6, 2007 3:24 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 257630

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Whitesail

Whitesail - Feb 3, 2007 4:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Flat Tire.......

....a common occurance on this road.......in 1989 when I passed this way the Chinease part of the road was a real mess. Although the terrain was easier than the Pakistanny side the state of the road was not. I don't suppose it has changed much?

BigLee

BigLee - Feb 3, 2007 5:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Flat Tire.......

Nope! Still a mess! Nice spot to break down though.

Whitesail

Whitesail - Feb 4, 2007 11:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Flat Tire.......

Nice to know some things do not change. I've got a couple of similar pictures, one with a flat near the pass and another further down the road with a flat two months later on the way to Kashgar on the edge of the Talamakan Desert. At least the road is not as scary as some of the orignal Silk Road! Exploring and climbing some of the local peaks was great. As you say a picturesque place to break down and the Toyota is still more reliable than the local camels!

BigLee

BigLee - Feb 5, 2007 3:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Flat Tire.......

I think I have about four flat tire photos as well wel Pakistan and China. You've just given me the idea to upload a 'Flat Tire' album!

luciano

luciano - Aug 30, 2007 9:48 am - Voted 10/10

wow

It's a fantastic shot. What season is. and how many gasoline you need for cross the area? Great place.

BigLee

BigLee - Aug 30, 2007 12:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: wow

I crossed the Khunjerab Pass on this occasion in mid-late June. You can't cross into China from Pakistan in your own transport so you have to take the public transport. In this case (2005) it was a couple of Landcruisers as there were only a few people.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6