Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Feb 22, 2010 2:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Story

Ah, the advantages of choosing your own birthday gift. Your birthday gift beats a tie or paperweight for your desk! When was the last time you were able to write a compelling narrative of gifts you got for your birthday?

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Story

You make a good point. But a story about lousy gifts could be pretty funny if done right...

silversummit

silversummit - Mar 21, 2010 10:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice pictures.......

And even though you had a couple minor scares and got stuck in muck it sounds like you managed to truly escape as you wanted!

Your wife is wise! She knows that some of us need to get out and pound our feet on trails and mountains or we just go nuts! My husband figured that out too.

Anyway, liked your report!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 22, 2010 4:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice pictures.......

Thanks, Kathy, and I'll pass along your comment to my wife so she thinks at least one thing good has come from SummitPost.

I'm going back this October for a nearly identical trip, minus the mud.

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Mar 22, 2010 2:04 am - Voted 10/10

Great photos & trip log!

What beautiful country! And the trip log was interesting, amusing and sounds like my kind of luck sometimes. Thanks for letting us enjoy your trip. Very fine photos.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 22, 2010 4:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great photos & trip log!

Thanks for reading it. I hope you get out there yourself; pictures tell too little of the story there...

Dean

Dean - Mar 25, 2010 6:21 am - Voted 10/10

A reminder

First, great pics and story. Second, a friend and I were able to get stuck badly in the mud, 20 miles away from a paved road in Idaho in 2004. We had to walk out those 20 miles and get help.
A local with big mud tires and a "snap" type of haul strap was able to pull us out but it was a lesson and an experience I'll never forget. The hundred bucks we paid was cheap compared to what could have been although it took a couple hours to get all the mud off the 4Runner. The local called it "Idaho gumbo".

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 25, 2010 1:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A reminder

It is always comforting to know that others get "stuck" in the same predicaments because when you are the one stuck, you feel like the world's biggest idiot. At least I do!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 27, 2010 10:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Frikkin' Jeeps!

Yeah, totally sucked. But I should have known better than to take a Jeep without real 4wd into that crap!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Mar 27, 2010 8:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Frikkin' Jeeps!

And, here I thought that sort of thing ONLY happened in AZ !

CheesySciFi

CheesySciFi - Jun 20, 2010 11:14 am - Voted 10/10

Hilarious!

We all have an inner touron. The best we can do is to get in touch with him or her as little as possible!

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Happy Birthday to Me (and a Fool in the Mud)' main page