Viewing: 1-20 of 39
12
Corax

Corax - Jun 13, 2006 2:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

I had the same idea as you and I'm happy you put up a memorial page for those who're not among us anymore.

A thread about Rahel's death

I think this photo could be suitable for this page.

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Jun 13, 2006 4:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

Thanks Corax! I was browsing for a suitable picture last night. That looks like a good one. Will try to put it up tonight.

DudeThatMustHurt

DudeThatMustHurt - Jun 13, 2006 6:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Very Good Idea!

It's always sad to know we lose friends and members, Climbing is our lives and also what will bring some of our demise. It's great to remember those who helped make this site the best that it is and this page will be one that will be used (with sad rememberance) for decades to come.
My prayers and thoughts go out to every person (and their family)who has been lost to the mountains.

This is a great page and my hat goes off to you for your contribution.

Nicholas

jordansahls

jordansahls - Jun 13, 2006 6:42 pm - Voted 10/10

More Info?

I don't know any of these people, but I would like to; maybe you could add a little excerpt about who they were and what they did. I would really like to learn more about them. Good page.

Jordan

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Jun 14, 2006 4:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: More Info?

When you click on the link to their user profile, you usually get some more background. Often they also have a link in there to their personal website. I'll try to add the names to the pics too.

hiltrud.liu

hiltrud.liu - Jun 13, 2006 9:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

Thank you very much for your action!
Hiltrud Liu

PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Jun 13, 2006 10:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Very Touching

This is definitely a page that is sorely needed on a site such as this - as a tribute to their love for the mountains and a reminder to us all about the risks and rewards of climbing. Let us never forget our climbing comrades.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jun 16, 2006 7:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Some additions unfortunately

Here are some members who would be additions to your page.

Abhay Thatte died on Kings Mountain in Oregon. Link to story

Also, Patrick Wang died on Mt. Whitney's Mountaineer's Route.
Thread on it
Patrick Wang Fund

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Jun 16, 2006 10:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Some additions unfortunately


Ouch! I'll try to add them this weekend. Will also try to make some other minor changes. Thanks for the info!

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jun 17, 2006 2:12 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Some additions unfortunately

Yeah, unfortunate to have any additions to your page but I think you are doing a good thing with the "In memory of". Take care.

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Oct 20, 2006 4:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Page


Thanks to all of you for the nice comments! I just felt like SP HAD to have a page like that...

T Sharp

T Sharp - Oct 29, 2006 4:57 am - Voted 10/10

In Memory

Luciano, thanks for this important page. I salute the Spirit of all those listed herein.

klwagar

klwagar - Nov 7, 2006 8:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow

it is startling to see so many names. This is a wonderful idea. Thanks for doing it. It certainly makes me pause to consider all these people and the sport in general.

Bart

Bart - Nov 9, 2006 10:43 am - Voted 10/10

Sobering.

A thoughtful addition. Thank you for making this page.

Corax

Corax - Nov 19, 2006 1:08 am - Voted 10/10

Sad

Unfortunately, yet another climber/SP'er has to be added to this page.
Mikael Forsberg - Tovalova
http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=24977

Founder and owner of Himalaya.nu an expedition company specializing in trekking and climbing adventures in Nepal.
Killed by a fallin serac/avalanche on Ama Dablam.

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 20, 2006 5:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sad


So sorry to hear about that :( I will make sure Mikael will be added to the page...

Corax

Corax - Nov 27, 2006 5:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Sad

Sorry to bother you again, but please attach Mikael's profile page photo to this page.

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 28, 2006 4:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Sad

No problem Corax! I appreciate your message! Any comments to make this page better are very welcome!

schmid_th

schmid_th - Dec 20, 2006 1:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks!

I created a related album some time ago with the No.1 photos of fallen SP members. I linked your page to mine. If you get the information that unfortunately a SP members is fallen I would please you to give me an information that I can add the No.1 photo in great honour and respect to them. Maybe you could even make also a link to my page.
Thanks for your page and your help to keep these people in our mind and hearts.
Thomas

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Dec 20, 2006 8:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks!

Sure! I'll try to fix that when I have some time... Thanks!!

Viewing: 1-20 of 39
12
Return to 'In memory of...' main page