JIZERSKE HORY – LATE SUMMER 2010

JIZERSKE HORY – LATE SUMMER 2010

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Bouldering, Hiking, Flora, Informational, Scenery, Panorama, Water

IT IS THE BLOOMING TIME OF WILLOW-LEAVED GENTIAN

Spruce forest...
Full moon...
Amanita...
Small amethyst...

The last week of August I spent in Jizerske Hory, Czech Republic, hiking from Szklarska Poręba Górna in Poland and then going through Jakuszyce, Orle, Jizerka, Josefuv Dul, Bukova Hora, Kristianov, Sous, and again to Jizerka, Orle and Szklarska Poręba. During this trekking I planned to gather relics of the XVIII-XIXth c. activity of glassworks in Orle and Kristianov as well as minerals called zeolites which crystallize in microcavities in basalt in abandoned quarries on Bukova Hora near Josefuv Dul. Bukova Hora and Bukovec near Jizerka are rare examples of mounts of volcanic origin. Weather was very changeable, afternoon thunderstorms with heavy rains supplied by light night rains. However, sometimes there was a nice occasion to see the full moon. Roaring streams were plenty of water. Watered tourist trails were sometimes difficult for hiking, e.g. the blue trail between Sous and Jizerka. This late summertime is a moment of blooming of Gentiana asclepiadea, a beautiful large mountain gentian as well as of fruitifying of various mushrooms, mainly Amanita muscaria (red), A. spissa (brown) and A. rubescens (light red). Vegetation of Blechnum spicant was remarkable among other ferns. Mountains were not very crowded this time and mostly Czech bicyclists visited this area.

P.S. Today morning (Sunday, August 29) I checked microscopically cavities (diameter of 1-2 mm) in basaltic stones from Bukova Hora and I discovered there at least three zeolites: thomsonite, mordenite and chabazite. Probably this is the first announcement on these minerals in this place.

It will be continued .....
Scheme map of my...



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.