Mount Rainier

Mount Rainier

impressive glacier fields; August 2003
SoCalHiker
on Dec 23, 2007 5:34 pm
Image ID: 367247

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-10 of 10
SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Dec 25, 2007 10:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow!

Thanks. The pic is deceptive though. I am not too familiar with Rainier anymore but I think the photo was taken from the hiking trails around Paradise and I was looking towards Nisqually glacier. Beyond the trees at the top of the hiking area is a drop down to Nisqually valley. So the glaciers actually do not reach this area but it sure makes for a great illusion.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jan 6, 2008 3:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Impressive

is ONE of the many words to describe the snowfields and glaciers of Mount Rainier!

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jan 6, 2008 7:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Impressive

Thanks. You are right, it was impressive. I have yet to find time and courage to climb the mountain via the DC route. It is very high on my list though.

silversummit

silversummit - Oct 7, 2008 8:51 pm - Voted 10/10

A must!

This picture might be deceptive but I still have to get there. I have a list of pictures/locations I want to capture and this one might have to go on it! What an interesting shot!

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Oct 8, 2008 1:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A must!

thanks. Cheers.

silversummit

silversummit - May 31, 2009 11:50 am - Voted 10/10

Re: A must!

I came back to look at this picture again this morning and wanted to let you know that we will be visiting Rainier this August. Finally going to hopefully capture this view myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jun 1, 2009 12:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A must!

Great. Have fun. It is a wonderful area. I hope to go back again one day. Cheers.

yatsek

yatsek - Nov 18, 2008 9:02 am - Voted 10/10

Cool Kids

they're bound to be

silversummit

silversummit - Jun 24, 2010 12:21 pm - Voted 10/10

After my hike there in '09

and looking at my pictures and my maps, this is definitely from Skyline Trail. It must be rather early in the season since there is so much snow on the mountain still.

On the left is the very short Glacier Vista Trail which reconnects with the Skyline Trail less than 5 minutes later. You can easily tell by the big rock on the far left.

This section of the Skyline Trail is about 30 minutes up from Jackson Lodge/Paradise if you are walking at an average pace and taking pictures, that is! Well worth the effort since it gets you away from the crowds and does offer great views of the Nisqually Glacier and valley below.

And still one of my very favorite pictures of Rainier!!!

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jun 24, 2010 1:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: After my hike there in '09

Thanks. Yes, looking at these pictures again I really have to go back sometime soon. It was beautiful there. Amazing mountain. Cheers.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10