Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Brian C

Brian C - May 28, 2016 11:10 am - Voted 10/10

Awesome

When I did this a long time ago we went from bottom to the top and there was a faint trail almost the entire way with the exception of a small spot near the upper trailhead. I really can't see this getting done very much. Supposedly people will hike down and rappel the waterfalls, but I've never actually seen any photos of people doing it.

This is a really great adventure hike! Great report!

nader

nader - May 28, 2016 1:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

Thanks,

My paper map made it look like there was an established trail bypassing the second waterfall, I suppose it used to be there. Actually the top 3.3 miles of the canyon had a very good trail.

susanjoypaul

susanjoypaul - May 30, 2016 9:52 am - Hasn't voted

Very nice!

Excellent report. I did part of this hike - to the third waterfall ("second waterfall") - when I was researching my Hiking Waterfalls in Colorado book in 2012. At the second fall ("first waterfall" located at 2 miles) there are social trails (mis)leading up and out of the canyon, and it's obvious that many people follow them. If you stick to the slabby rock along the creek and past the punchbowls at the top, it takes you right back to the proper trail, though. I hope to do the whole canyon next time. Thank you for the inspiration!

nader

nader - May 30, 2016 4:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice!

Thanks for reading and commenting,

I will Google your book.

dmckinnerney

dmckinnerney - Jun 4, 2016 7:54 am - Voted 10/10

Great Trip Report!

I had the good fortune of going to College in GJ in the 80s. Did the trail from bottom to top of Glade Park and it is grand! We free wheeled it in the 80s and got turned around, a little lost and ultimately made it as the sunset.
Wish I would of had your trip report. Excellent job.

nader

nader - Jun 4, 2016 10:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Trip Report!

Thanks,

Must have been nice living in Grand Junction. I enjoyed your Guadalupe Mountains trip report too. Will eventually go there.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'No Thoroughfare Canyon, Top to Bottom' main page