Viewing: 1-20 of 39
12
graham

graham - Aug 17, 2008 12:02 am - Voted 10/10

Sweet

Great job guys and thanks for sharing the report and photos. Tom, glad to see your thumb has healed up from last year

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Aug 17, 2008 3:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Sweet

Thanks. You know how sweet the traverse is.

Augie

bechtt

bechtt - Aug 17, 2008 9:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Sweet

Thanks Rick. It was a great trip and your beta came in real handy. See you in the mountains real soon.

ktnbs

ktnbs - Aug 17, 2008 5:48 pm - Hasn't voted

very nice

I love how knarly those summit rocks look.

bechtt

bechtt - Aug 18, 2008 11:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: very nice

Thanks - definitely an awesome adventure

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Aug 21, 2008 8:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: very nice

I got the same thrill just looking at them both from afar and up close. They still looked extremely gnarly after climbing them!

requiem

requiem - Aug 17, 2008 8:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Great TR

thanks for a good and inspiring read, and great pictures! nice storytelling, it makes me want to start writing TR's...

bechtt

bechtt - Aug 18, 2008 11:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great TR

Thanks -- we enjoy collaborating on these TRs.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Aug 21, 2008 8:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great TR

Writing a TR is like re-living the event, both the ups and downs.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Aug 17, 2008 11:45 pm - Hasn't voted

congrats

That looks like a very tiring and raw-nerves traverse. Thanks for living through it!

bechtt

bechtt - Aug 18, 2008 11:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: congrats

Thanks -- the traverse was great. It was the long approach and descent that were tiring.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Aug 21, 2008 8:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: congrats

Probably the worst part was anticipating the trek back from Sill all the to the Big Pine N. Fork trailhead, (1) knowing it was already 6 pm; (2) we had 10 miles to go; and (3) we had already been humping for 16 hours. A close second to this anticipation was the actual trek.

Dean

Dean - Aug 18, 2008 9:33 am - Voted 10/10

outstanding TR

Great job and loved the pics. Sure makes me wish I had the ability and the stamina to pull something like what you did off. Ageing sucks.

bechtt

bechtt - Aug 18, 2008 11:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: outstanding TR

Thanks for the words. In spite of the setback, Augie is still in incredible shape (and back in the Bishop Pass area with his grown kids).

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Aug 21, 2008 8:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: outstanding TR

Thanks Dean. Always appreciate your looking at our stuff.

Augie

Travis_

Travis_ - Aug 18, 2008 12:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow

This trip look amazing, I really wanted to do this with you guys and am envious. Nice TR and great photos!

bechtt

bechtt - Aug 18, 2008 11:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow

No one (except your wife) told you to move to Washington. You were supposed to do this with me.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Aug 21, 2008 8:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow

Exactly your cup of tea Travis with the exception of no bush-whacking. You would have been in 7th heaven.

lavaka

lavaka - Aug 18, 2008 1:24 pm - Hasn't voted

party behind you

Hey guys -- just wanted to say hi; I was part of the party-of-two behind you that day (we exchanged a few words near Starlight, but then we fell behind because I insisted that we avoid raps and downclimb instead), and later came up behind you at the cold river crossing at Sam Mack. I've never seen the river that full, or the glacier that small!

We ended up bivying at 2nd Lake and then hiked out in the morning; the hiking went about 200% faster in the morning, although our sleep wasn't of very high quality.

No doubt about it; this is one of the finest traverses in the US. Thanks for the enjoyable trip report.

bechtt

bechtt - Aug 18, 2008 11:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: party behind you

Thanks -- real praise from someone who's done this before. Is it you (or your partner) eyeing the summit block on T-Bolt in the photo above? You actually passed us while we napped at the Sam Mack/main trail junction. BTW, the river is way down as of Friday and we could have rock hopped just above the falls but pitch black doesn't reveal these truths.

Viewing: 1-20 of 39
12
Return to 'Our Palisade Traverse: Long Day's Journey into Night' main page