SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Adventurer ready to GET OUTDOORS!


John Y

Posted by John Y on Aug 9, 2008
Page Views: 1586

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
Location: California, United States
City or Place: Santa Monica
Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Biking, Gym/Training, Hiking, Ice Climbing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Social
Partner Status: Need Partners

Description

I just moved to the Santa Monica area just about 6 weeks ago. And I need to be around more outdoorsy people!

I am well trained in many outdoor areas. My focus being on various terrain backpacking trips and mountaineering trips. I have lead many different ability levels on my different outings. So, I am looking for the novice to the expert to get out on new outings with.

I would like to meet more people in the area with the thrill of climbing mountains, hiking to the highest peaks, sleeping under starlight skies, and with the grand obsession with the outdoors that I possess.

My dreams extend to climb the 7 highest continent peaks, base jump Angel Falls, raft down the colorado (grand canyon), traverse Patagonia, bush wack through the southeast jungles, trek across the himalayas, walk across the Gobi Desert, and basically experience every nook of this beautiful world of ours.

I have lead many different ability levels on my different outings. So, I am looking for the novice to the expert to get out on new outings with. I can adjust to anyone's level.

Please check out my website too...to get a better feel for my experience and passion.

www.jjyosh.com


Comments

Post a Comment

Slickster007Mountaineering!

Slickster007

I dig your website. It's looks like you and I have a lot of the same Mountaineering goals. I'm planning to climb Mt. Rainier this winter. Shoot me a message if you want to go for a hike!
Posted Apr 17, 2009 5:53 pm

mricciBeginner

mricci

Hey! I am just getting into mountaineering. In fact, I feel stupid calling it that since I have absolutely no experience with anything other thank hiking. I am not into rock climbing, however I am becoming mildly obsessed with alpine style treking (basically, I'm cool with crampons, axes, etc, just not hanging off a vertical ice fall). Since non of my friends are into this I would really like to tag along and learn from experienced people. I think Baldy may be a good start for me. Whitney and Rainier are a distant goal. I also work in television as an editor so at least we would have something to talk about.
Posted Dec 31, 2009 1:45 pm

 
Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"In a pinch, every tool is a hammer."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.