SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

The Blue Ridge Berserkers


Hagen

Posted by Hagen on Jul 31, 2012
Page Views: 1015

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
City or Place: Shenandoah NP, Washington and Jefferson NF, and elsewhere in the region.
Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Hiking, Ice Climbing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Social
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

We're a small group of old-school backpackers and hikers in our 30's and 40's in northern and central Virginia. Most of us have 20-30+ years of backpacking/camping/orienteering/scouting experience. I'm putting a top-rope system together, as we're looking to expand past scrambling and bouldering to break into top rope rock and ice climbing, as well as winter rope team work on steeper routes to train for bigger objectives.

All of us are or have been involved with medieval reenactment of one form or another, and we have a rugged viking theme we run off of. There's no medieval garb or anything silly like that, just the viking attitude of adventure, courage and honor, as well as evening revelry. We have fun with it! We do recommend you carry a viking saxe, it's a very handy utility knife that can chop wood as well. No proper viking explorer should be without one!

We are always looking to meet like-minded outdoor enthusiasts of all skill levels to join us. It doesn't matter if it's just for one hike or you're interested in joining the team. Come out and play with us! I will post up our future outings.



Comments

Post a Comment

HagenHowdy!

Hagen

Y'know, if y'all are interested, you can post a question or comment...
Posted Oct 2, 2012 8:49 pm

 
Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion...I go to them as humans go to worship. From their lofty summits I view my past, dream of the future and, with an unusual acuity, am allowed to experience the present moment...my vision cleared, my strength renewed. In the mountains I celebrate creation. On each journey I am reborn."   --Anatoli Boukreev   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.