Saal Barf Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jun 29, 2009 9:54 am - Voted 10/10

10 for name alone

!! Seriously, looks like a great place. Iranian friends say I should go visit... doesn't appear to be in the cards right now.

nader

nader - Jun 29, 2009 10:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: 10 for name alone

I struggled with that name. Could not come up with any other ways to spell it. It is a short "a", so it is not "Baaaaarf" :)

Hopefully things will change to the point that there will be no hesitation when it comes to going to Iran.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jun 30, 2009 2:15 pm - Voted 10/10

External links?

Great page as usual. One question though - why leave this section unedited? Sometimes people forget to remove that if they haven't added links.

"External Links
Add External Links text here."

Also, is climbing in Iran basically shut down for the time being given the turmoil in Tehran?

nader

nader - Jun 30, 2009 7:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: External links?

Thank you for looking and for your vote. I always think that maybe in the future I may want to add a link and at that time I might not be able to create a new heading (I probably would be able to, but better safe than sorry).

I was in Iran from June 7 until the 21st. There was obviuosly nothing going on in the mountains. Even in Tehran, except for peolple chanting slogans from their rooftops at night, I did not see anything else. My wife and parents who were in the US were quite concerned and urged me to come back sooner. I was actually supposed to be in Iran until June 26 but I cut my plans short and returned sooner. I am sure recent events have caused foreign tourists to reconsider their plans for visiting Iran but it has probably not at all affected Iranians climbers. Unfortunately, the protests seemed to have died out since then and things seem to have gone back to normal.

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Jul 4, 2009 5:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Virtual travel

Your great page gave me the chance to travel to this place virtually. Specifically as you didn't concentrate only on the peak but also on the way leading to it - thanks for the photos showing how you approached the peak. For most of the mountain friends the hills of Iran can be visited virtually abyway

nader

nader - Jul 4, 2009 10:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Virtual travel

Thank you for looking. I appreciate your vote and comments.

That is the beauty of Summitpost. You can virtually visit places that you will probably never travel to.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jul 9, 2009 7:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Another great job

Just got back from my own trip and am catching up on new submissions-- nice work as usual. Iran has some beautiful mountains!

nader

nader - Jul 10, 2009 9:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Another great job

Thank you for looking and voting. I am always amazed by the great pages that you make yourself, from Death Valley to Montana and even the East Coast.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Saal Barf' main page