Page Type Page Type: Custom Object
Location Lat/Lon: 56.89000°N / 34.87600°E
Additional Information County: chittnenden

Sunset Ridge Trail

The Tail starts out as an easy going flat road for the first 1.6 miles. Occasionally you will walk over creeks and streams. Once you get to the trail head sign in. Then take the trail farthest to the left. For the next 0.2 miles you will be walking through a curvy flat section of trail crossing over two bridges. You will then find a trail sign showing you where the sunset ridge trail is and the lawra cowls trail. You will turn left on the Sunset Ridge Tail. On this train you will slightly be climbing through the trees for the next 1 mile. After this 1 mile stretch you will encounter you first treacherous climb up a series of rock cliffs. The first cliff you encounter you will need to through your back pack up on the ledge and watch your head as you climb because there is a bolder hanging over you and a smaller rock you will have two climb under all the other cliff you may need push or lift from your hiking partner. And to make your final ascent two the summit you will then turn right on the long trail and stay on it for .4 miles two the summit. The turn back the way you came.

Getting There

From Burlington go on interstate 89 north to exit 16. Then take a right off the exit. Continue to severance rd after a dip take a right on to severance then go on to Kellogg rd by taking a left at the end of the rd. The go straight on to 128 the take the exit to rote 15. Take a left off the exit and after a while turn onto pleasant valley rd and then go on to mountain rd right and you are at you destination at the end of the road

Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.

Camping

Add Camping text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.