TAKHT-E-SOLEYMAN

TAKHT-E-SOLEYMAN

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Informational, Scenery, Humor

There are some places for all of us that we cant forget about. There Are some for the world!

A Little To Know:

West Azarbaijan was one of the cradles of civilization in the ancient Iran, Persia. It's been a human residence site since the prehistorical period. There are many historical remains in West Azerbaijan but if just one is to be choosen from the many, that would sure be Takht-e-Soleyman.
Takht is located 45 kilometers away from Tekab town on the NE. It was one of the 3 main great holy firehouses of zoroastrians during Sassanid Dynasty. It was called Azargoshnasb Firehouse which ment the special firehouse of kings and warriors. The holy fire was burning in there for more than 700 years.
As seen in the photos the palaces and buildings were built arround the lake in the middle. The lake water comming out of the springs at the bottom of it was used for watering the orchards all arround the area.
As stories say there are still many of the sassanid royal jewels including the famous crown laying at the bottom of this lake. There have been some attempts to find out the truth about that but they haven't been successful. The scubadivers went down for 60 meters and didn't reach the bottom. As the area guards say the water pressure doesn't let going any deeper.
The area not only has the holy firehouse and palaces of Sassanids but also the only remains of Ilkhani palaces in Iran. Ilkhanies were the Mongols governing Iran for a while.
The first archeological researches on the area were done in 1959 and there are still some in progress.
I would need to write a hundred pages if I wanted to say almost everything known yet about the area. So I think this much is enough just as a tip.
Beside Takht is the Kuh-e-Zendan (prison mountain) on the north which you can see it looking like a cone in some of the photos. This 110 meter hill has it's own amazing history and legends.
Also the hot spring just near the Takht and the plains and mountains all arround the area are great to visit. Two of the peaks are great for a hike and maybe taking photos of Takht from their summit.
If someone really wants to see, learn and enjoy then he/she will need at least 2 days for visiting the whole thing. For us it was jut 4 hours! I will probably go there at least one more time.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
nader

nader - May 16, 2008 11:00 am - Voted 10/10

Iranian

To my knowledge, this was a holy Zoroastrian site constructed during the Sassani Dynasty. How did it come be assosiated with a Judao-Islamic name such as SOLEYMAN?

Fereidoun Forghani

Fereidoun Forghani - May 16, 2008 3:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Iranian

Well Idont know exactly about this place. But we have other places in Iran having the same story. Sometimes it's because the area is suspected to have lots of treasure. Sometimes it's been called that way so that Arabs would leave it alone due to their respect to Solomon, and most times they did. Like in Cyrus the great's thumb. And some times it was because the place was mysterious for the locals. Loke Narges spring and Zendan-e-Soleyman in Pasargad. This is what I know about this.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2