Via ferrata Boppard / Bopparder Klettersteig

Via ferrata Boppard / Bopparder Klettersteig

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Panorma from GedeonseckRhine-panorama from Cafe Gedeonseck


Via ferrata Boppard / Bopparder Klettersteig is an iron route in Germany. It is located in the province Rheinland-Pfalz in the western part of Germany. The route leads through the southern part of Bopparder-Hamm, a vineyard in the Rhine-valley (german: Rhein) north of the town Boppard. The route isn´t very difficult, but it has some ladders and some exposed passages. You can enjoy the fantastic overview of the rhine-valley from the route and the descent. You need 1:15h - 1:30h for the via ferrata and 30 - 45 minutes to descend. The descent follows the hiking route on the top of Bopparder-Hamm to the south, back to Boppard. On the descent are two very nice cafes where you can enjoy the view from the top of Bopparder-Hamm. It is possible to use a old cablecar for descending to St. Remigius-Platz from the top of Bopparder-Hamm.

Here you can see an overview-picture and a map of the via-ferrata.

The river Rhine is such a huge heat reservoir that you havn´t to bargain for snow in the winter. So this via ferrata is climbable the whole year.


Getting There

Boppard from Spaceenlarge to see details


Origin is the parking "St. Remigius-Platz" in Boppard. Directly to the B9.

From North or South on highway A61 to the exit "Boppard", continuing to the central of Boppard and the B9. On B9 at the river rhine to the north to St.Remigius-Platz.

From the parking you have to go through the tunnel under the railraod-track and ascend to the right next to the cablecar of Bopparder-Hamm. You are standing at the start of the route in maximum 10 minutes.

Cafes on the top of Bopparder-Hamm:
- Gasthaus Vierseenblick
- Gasthaus Gedeonseck


Some impressions

Via ferrata BoppardSometimes exposed
Via ferrata BoppardThrough the botanic
Via ferrata BoppardVia ferrata
Via ferrata BoppardVia ferrata

Some information

LiveCam of Bopparder-Hamm
LiveCam of Bopparder-Hamm


Weather in Rheinland-Pfalz
Weather in Rheinland-Pfalz







Geography