Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Dean

Dean - Dec 21, 2006 5:33 am - Voted 10/10

Good stuff

Enjoyed your trip report and realized you were in that area about two weeks earlier than us for our Kings / Gilbert summit efforts.
GRRRRR-eat area. Dennis and I had been to Chepeta Lake the year before to hike in that area so we've kind of seen both ends of the Uintas. It'd be nice to link them all together. Nice pics too, lots of great shots.

ibenick

ibenick - Apr 20, 2008 4:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome

I've done segments but never the whole thing. Great pictures.

benjydaniel

benjydaniel - Feb 20, 2009 10:47 pm - Voted 10/10

highline trail, a couple FaQs

the highline trail actually starts at pole creek, clear in duschene county, and continues all the way to highway 191. that's a grand total of 125 miles, expedition worthy. it's amazing, don't miss it for the world. these trails were put in by the CCC back in the 30's, which means, well, sometimes you have to wing it and make your own trail. some of the most remote country ever, you won't see anybody. GREAT CLIMBING AND BOULDERING, but nothing is bolted, fantastic granite though. best time to go is last week of july, first week of august, that's the only weeks the bugs won't kill you and the temperature will stay within the 32-70 range, haha! expect anything up there!

imontop

imontop - Feb 25, 2009 12:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: highline trail, a couple FaQs

Yep, I would have loved to start at the very beginning, just didn't have the time. I'll have to grab that first 30 miles on another trip. Great adventure though.

Rodnich - Aug 31, 2010 6:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Highline trail

Last summer my 26 year old son and I started at Leidy Peak and backpacked to the Mirror lake highway. We think it was 85 miles.
We allowed 9 days but were able to complete the hike in 7 days. What a time!!!I'm 60 years old and plan to do it again next summer. This time we'd like to go a little slower and do some fishing. We really got away from it all. We hitch hiked back to SLC, the fourth car picked us up and took us all the way to my oldest son's home in SLC.

imontop

imontop - Aug 31, 2010 10:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Highline trail

I've been debating on doing it again. I just don't know if I can, or want to. I'm getting to the point where a 3 day trip is good enough. But, it would be cool to get the whole thing like you did. Good luck and post some pics man!

Rodnich - Sep 3, 2010 1:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Highline Pictures

I have many pictures on picasa and would be glad to pass them along. Send me your email address, mine is rod.edelman@gmail.com

Thanks, Rod

Btostler - Jul 11, 2014 4:36 am - Hasn't voted

9 days?

So you really pushed yourselves and did 7.5 miles a day?
So let's say you sleep 8 hrs, eat and pack up for 2 hrs. This leaves you 14 each day. That means you traveled approx. one mile every 2 hrs. Not being critical, but my 90 yr old grandma can walk .5 miles in 2 hrs.
My guess is that you are both about 20 to 30 lbs overweight and didn't train in the least bit for this adventure. The other assumption I will make it that you both limped and complained to your spouses for at least a week following this hike.
I commend you both for getting out and exercising, but my concern is that you are proud enough to post your pathetic display of physical activity.
Reality is that after this hike you are both 10 yrs at most from a heart attack and diabetes. Feel free to look me up in 10 years if I'm wrong, but I hope my comments serve as a reality check and help you realize that, although you should be proud of getting out and being physical, you would be best served by long term by changing your diet and exercising regularly.

imontop

imontop - Sep 1, 2014 10:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: 9 days?

You're an idiot, and just the kind of person that the website doesn't need. I see you haven't posted anything about who you are, what you do, or any of your exploits. You missed the entire point of the purpose of this site. Do us all a favor, and don't bother to even post anything, unless it's done in the right way and for the right reason.

StunnedWolf

StunnedWolf - Feb 27, 2015 11:03 pm - Hasn't voted

StunneWolf

Highline trail update. I am a member of Uintah Basin Chapter of Back Country Horsemen of Utah. Two years ago we adopted the Highline trail from Leidy Peak trail head east to the trailhead just off from Hwy 191. We finished last fall we cleared all the wind the falls and marked the trail with cairns and carsonite posts. We plan on going back next spring to make sure there sure there isn't any log jams. Hope you all enjoy

imontop

imontop - Apr 27, 2015 1:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Awesome work!

Thanks for stepping up and volunteering to do that trail work. People like you are what make the backcountry even more enjoyable!

Thanks again!

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to '9 days on the Highline Trail' main page