A-1 Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
aobbard

aobbard - Jul 6, 2021 1:06 pm Date Climbed: Jul 4, 2021

Via Kletting  Sucess!

Combined with Kletting this is a great hike. Only mildly tedious part was gaining- and later descending- the ridge between Hayden and Kletting peaks. (The deadfall and the pitch slowed us down a bit both ways.) The open ridge between Kletting & A-1 is wonderful, though with enough talus that it was a bit slower going than we expected.

There's a "register" of a couple of filled-up note pages in a gatorade bottle, but no writing implement (which I will now add to my day-pack), so worth bringing up a new register/can if you're heading up.

Being the 4th, I think about 1/2 the Wasatch Front was parked a couple of miles away at Mirror Lake, but we had both peaks to ourselves.

LazyJSkwires

LazyJSkwires - Jul 23, 2017 11:02 pm Date Climbed: Jul 23, 2017

Too much hail  Sucess!

Got stuck about 60 feet from the top when a thunderstorm decided to track my way and dump a bunch of hail and rain on me. Luckily found an overhang on the south side and waited it out.

utclimber - Aug 25, 2012 6:51 pm Date Climbed: Aug 25, 2012

Kletting and A-1  Sucess!

I hiked up Kletting and A-1 from a pulloff on MLH. Round trip time was 3 hours 50 minutes.

jhardink

jhardink - Jun 12, 2012 5:27 pm Date Climbed: Jun 24, 2008

Fantastic Day  Sucess!

Climbed in combination with Kletting from the MLH. Fair amount of snow to contend with and had a tricky stream crossing to negotiate this early in the season.

boojem - Aug 21, 2009 11:57 am Date Climbed: Jul 20, 1988

great peak  Sucess!

Climbed this one a long time ago with Kletting thrown in. Really want to do it again, fantastic views and lots of solitude.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - May 12, 2009 9:10 pm Date Climbed: May 7, 2009

Nice peak  Sucess!

5-7-2009 Started at the gate to the Hell Hole Basin road off of the road to Christmas meadows. Walked 4 miles on the road until it ended, put snowshoes on, and then climbed up to the north ridge. Followed the north ridge to the summit. Great weather and views. I couldn't imagine running into another person.

7-7-2007 Started just shy of mile marker 36 and hiked up to Klettings south ridge which I followed to Kletting and then I went over to A-1.

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Jul 5, 2008 1:02 pm Date Climbed: Jul 4, 2008

Route Climbed: west ridge from Kletting Peak  Sucess!

Climbed Kletting and A-1 with my wife and had total solitude on a major holiday. A thunderstorm passed over the summit while we were on our way back to Kletting; we didn't know if it was heading for us or for where we had just been, so we traversed across Kletting's face on the way back instead of going over the summit again. It was a beautiful day and a nice long and rugged hike.

Jeremy Franchow

Jeremy Franchow - Aug 12, 2006 5:04 pm Date Climbed: Aug 10, 2006

Route climbed: West Ridge  Sucess!

Traversed from Kletting Peak. Gorgeous views. So much solitude and incredible feelings of remoteness for a peak that's 3ish miles from Highway 150.

craghag

craghag - Oct 7, 2004 11:03 am

Route Climbed: west ridge Date Climbed: september 11,2004  Sucess!

Great Day!

rmjwinters

rmjwinters - Sep 16, 2004 2:50 pm

Route Climbed: West Ridge Date Climbed: July, 2003  Sucess!

Great day traversing Hayden, Kletting & A-1.

Scott

Scott - Sep 13, 2004 12:18 am

Route Climbed: Hell Hole Lake Date Climbed: August 31, 1996  Sucess!

Climbed with Father.



We need to keep the oil drillers out of Hell Hole Basin.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Sep 13, 2004 12:04 am

Route Climbed: West ridge Date Climbed: September 11, 2004  Sucess!

Summited via the ridge traverse from Kletting Peak.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'A-1 Peak' main page