Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Aug 20, 2013 12:36 am - Voted 10/10

Awesome!

Glad to see others here posting technical TR's. The Cirque is an awesome place...well done! I would just suggest adding a primary photo in case it were to be featured on the front page :)

EastKing

EastKing - Aug 20, 2013 8:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent TR!!

Great TR and photos!!

silversummit

silversummit - Aug 21, 2013 9:14 am - Voted 10/10

Interesting and realistic!

Enjoyed reading about your trip especially the traffic jam section in rain and cold! Your descriptions are great; loved 'pain-train' which so aptly describes some of the slogs in and out we all make to get to what counts!

WyomingSummits

WyomingSummits - Aug 22, 2013 12:52 am - Hasn't voted

Love the cirque

I was there the weekend before you. Hauled 75lbs in on one liter of water and got sick because of it on the 2nd pitch on Wolf's Head. That's a haul with the weight from the tech gear.....nice the have 3 people in order to distribute the weight.....I learned my lesson on that one! :)

WyomingSummits

WyomingSummits - Aug 22, 2013 12:58 am - Hasn't voted

Another note

The sick part is that the trail proper actually goes over the cliff band on the east side of Arrowhead lake. When I got to the junction and saw the boulder field versus the cliff band.....it was a no brainer! :) Every climber I talked to in the Cirque said the same thing....they'll NEVER take the cliff side approach again.

mvs

mvs - Aug 22, 2013 2:08 am - Voted 10/10

I'm tempted to write...

Lesson: don't ever tie a knot with the name European Death Knot!

but since I know it's a GREAT knot I won't write such a thing.
Awesome Garon, you'll have to show me the Winds one day, I always wanted to go there. Nice report!

alpineair - Aug 24, 2013 10:39 am - Hasn't voted

Cool!

Great report and photos.

wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - Aug 25, 2013 6:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Southern Winds

Aren't the Southern Winds just amazing. They really are some of the most ruggedly beautiful peaks you can gaze upon. There is something magical about the area. The views from Lizard Head and the peaks above the East Fork Valley are some places that will always live with me. Thank you form a great TR and I am glad you enjoyed yourself and made it out safely. Those photos show that ominous feeling you get when the sky gets grey and you just wait to hear the first thunderclap and look for shelter.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'A 3-Day Weekend In The Winds' main page