Viewing: 1-13 of 13
YEM

YEM - Jul 15, 2011 9:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Great Climb

It means a lot more since the standard route was probably a steep slush pit. Do you wait for the gully to melt out and then deal with bigger crevasses? You guys don't need to worry about that anymore. Congratulations!

climbxclimb

climbxclimb - Jul 17, 2011 10:50 am - Voted 10/10

Great report!

And great videos...! Make my raining Sunday more fun....

Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash - Jul 17, 2011 11:19 am - Voted 10/10

Outstanding Achievement!

This is a real feather in your caps, guys. Perhaps the ultimate alpine accomplishment in the state of Washington. I think I would have cried too. Love the Bonanza theme song on your video. Great report and a very huge congratulations, guys!

Redwic

Redwic - Jul 19, 2011 1:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Outstanding Achievement!

Thank you for the comment. Gimpilator did not think many people would realize what the song was. I'm glad at least one person did!

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jul 18, 2011 10:15 am - Voted 10/10

Craig,

This was the most technically demanding climb I have done. I'm glad we could share the experience together. You did a fantastic job with the this trip report. Thanks for being such a good climbing companion.

Redwic

Redwic - Jul 18, 2011 4:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Craig,

Thank you! Same to you.

harbor

harbor - Jul 18, 2011 8:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Great Work

Great trip report. Congrats.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jul 20, 2011 5:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Holy Cartwright Bros ..

I'm beginning to realize there's NOTHING you guys can't do ...

"We chased lady luck, 'til we finally struck BONANZA ..

With a gun and a rope and a hat full of hope, planted a family tree ...
We got hold of a pot of gold, Bonanza.
With a horse and a saddle, and a range full of cattle, how rich can a fellow be ???"

magellan

magellan - Jul 22, 2011 11:41 am - Voted 10/10

Ten stars...

...for the all stars. This may be your best write up ever Craig. Glad you guys got through it safely.

Redwic

Redwic - Jul 22, 2011 4:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ten stars...

Thanks for the comment (and vote). We had a good team; three sets of eyes mixed with a variety of skills and a little luck to yield a successful trip. There is no point going to the top of a mountain if you cannot get back safely.

Snowslogger

Snowslogger - Jul 22, 2011 2:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Good job Cartwrights

Went up there last year, that mountain definitely throws a little of everything at you. Most importantly, have you guys figured out who of you was Hoss, Little Joe, and Adam?

Redwic

Redwic - Jul 22, 2011 4:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job Cartwrights

The question is... which one of us do you think was Hop Sing?

EastKing

EastKing - Jul 22, 2011 11:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Impressive!!

Clearly out of all the climbs you have done, I think this is the most impressive yet. You used all the skills you needed here and the reward was an amazing summit that blows away the volcanoes. Most impressive is that you climbed the peak when the main route was out of service. I think that this climb has made you three more than strong enough to go for all on the Bulger List and maybe far greater worldwide. I hope to see you three go in that direction and knock off some great summits like Johannesburg and Terror which many just dream about.

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'A Bonanza Extravaganza!' main page