Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Charles

Charles - May 26, 2008 10:43 am - Voted 10/10

Yes indeed

it´s unfortuantely vary easy to have adventres on Lliwedd. I can remember wandering round totally off route and looking for protection there. :o))
It´s a great mountain with a superb history
Well done and thanks
Charles

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 29, 2008 7:11 pm - Voted 10/10

gear

For a full appreciation, you should wear the same type shoes and use the same type ropes... as Mallory!

Try putting the links (in the source file) in html format, e.g.
www.UKclimbing.com

igneouscarl

igneouscarl - May 30, 2008 4:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: gear

links changed. Traditional fear would definately add a traditional feeling (fear) to the grade!

Nanuls

Nanuls - May 30, 2008 10:07 am - Voted 10/10

Nice job...

Great job on the trip report, nice to see the history in there too.

If you haven't done already you should give this book a read. It's the definitive text on the history of climbing in North Wales,, I'm pretty sure you'll like it!

Cheers
Dan

igneouscarl

igneouscarl - May 30, 2008 12:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice job...

Cheers,

and thanks for the recommendation, I'll put it on order.

jcolton

jcolton - Jun 12, 2008 4:39 am - Hasn't voted

JColton

Good to see the cliff getting some appreciation. I was attracted to the place in 1970 +, winter and summer. Solo in summer.Your piece resurrected good memories.

igneouscarl

igneouscarl - Jun 12, 2008 4:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: JColton

Cheers, I'm looking forward to a winter ascent, that would be a completely different climb. I went back to Lliwedd last weekend and climbed Route II with my friend who had broken his foot. Brilliant weather, and we were able to find the correct route on Red Wall, which was incredible fun.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Adventures on a Welsh North Face' main page