Albion Range Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 22
12
Eleutheros

Eleutheros - Mar 13, 2007 6:01 am - Voted 10/10

A++

Stunning page. My only memory of Idaho is a blowout and busted fanbelt on the way out of Boise. Clearly many, many wild gems in this state.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Mar 13, 2007 6:24 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A++

Thank you! Yes, Idaho is full of hidden gems. The Albion Range is a great place if you ever get the chance to visit. Even though I live in Utah, I love the state of Idaho and all of its mountain ranges.

rpc

rpc - Mar 13, 2007 3:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Amazing job!

Thank you for putting this great page together & many thanks for including some of our photos.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Mar 13, 2007 4:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazing job!

Thank you! I know this range well so it was easy for me to put together. Your climbing photos of the City of Rocks are great.

Dean

Dean - Mar 13, 2007 5:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Slam dunk

One of the finest range / area pages I have seen on SP. You put a lot of time and caring into this one and it shows. I love the Albion area and intend to try and get the Jim Sage and Black Pine highpoints this summer. Dan Robbins has put up a great trip report on his climb of Black Pine on his website and is worth a read even though the Black Pine range isn't part of the Albion range (but it is close enough for me) Again, congrat's on a super page.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Mar 13, 2007 5:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Slam dunk

Thanks Dean, I also love the Albion Range and the City of Rocks. The Black Pine Mountains and the Jim Sage Mountains seem like interesting mountains too. They aren't that far from Utah either. Too many mountains to climb, as you already know!

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Mar 14, 2007 1:04 am - Voted 10/10

Awesome Page

Madame Gazelle you outdid yourself on this one.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Mar 14, 2007 4:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome Page

Many people have told me that I am a very analytical person. I think they are correct :) Thanks for the nice comment and vote.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Mar 14, 2007 7:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice page

An obvious labour of love. Thanks for all that work and for sharing.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Mar 15, 2007 2:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice page

Thank you for the nice compliment. Sometimes I am a little enthusiastic when I write about places that I have climbed at before. This is a small but interesting mountain range.

T Sharp

T Sharp - Mar 16, 2007 2:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

I have always just gone to the "City", and not given much credence to the surrounding area. Thanks for opening my eyes a bit! My next City of Rocks trip will include some hikes up these peaks. Terrific job putting this all together!
Cheers;
Tim

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Mar 16, 2007 4:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

Thanks Tim! The area surrounding the "City" is beautiful. Just don't climb in the middle of the summer because it can get very hot. Next time you go, you should check out Castle Rocks State Park located north of the City of Rocks. There are a lot of rock formations to climb there too. Here are some other mountains in the area that you may not know about. They are also worth climbing.

1. Black Pine Peak in the Black Pine Mountains
2. Bull Mountain in the Raft River Mountains
3. Deep Creek Peak in the Deep Creek Mountain Range

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Apr 23, 2007 10:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow, very polished

What a complete page! I kept scrolling down and seeing more and more. What a feast for information junkies like me!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Apr 24, 2007 1:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow, very polished

Thanks! I guess we must be alike. The pages that I like the most are the ones with useful information that make you want to go there and climb.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Nov 28, 2008 6:22 pm - Voted 10/10

MG ...

Please check your PM-box when you get a chance. I'm trying to find
out if there are any exposed areas of LIMESTONE in northern Utah
or Southern Idaho that would make my Limestone Lovers' Landscapes album more complete.

The City of Rocks area is composed completely of white granite, right???

Larry

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Nov 29, 2008 8:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: MG ...

Yes, City of Rocks is granite. Many ranges in northern Utah and Southeast Idaho are composed of limestone. I sent a PM.

Super Dave

Super Dave - Jan 9, 2010 3:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent

This is a fantastic page! Covers anything you could possibly need to know about the range. I finally got over there for the first time last week.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Jan 10, 2010 1:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent

Thanks Dave! I need to visit these mountains more often. I love the City of Rocks and the whole area. I saw the photos from your hike up Harrison. I’m surprised that you were able to see anything in that snow storm!

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Sep 2, 2011 12:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Another Great One!

Congrats on another front page worthy range! You always do such a tremendous job on your pages!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Sep 2, 2011 2:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Another Great One!

Thanks for nice comment about my pages Matt!

Viewing: 1-20 of 22
12
Return to 'Albion Range' main page