Andras and the

Andras and the "Dablam Kid"

My friend Andras, with the exciting "Dablam Kid" in the background.
Den Arkin Smith
on Nov 4, 2006 10:21 am
Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing
Image ID: 241258

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Dec 28, 2006 7:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Dablam Kid ;-)

Oooh not bad! I would't imagine Wielki Mieguszowiecki as Ama Dablam but it presents itself always impressive! Great shot in gorgeous High Tatra winter scenery.

Den Arkin Smith

Den Arkin Smith - Dec 30, 2006 11:07 pm - Hasn't voted

maybe hallucination

We've got a climber fellowship called Dablam Mountaineering after the name of the famous himalayan summit. Maybe that's why we want to see the shape of Ama Dablam in every peak. :)
Anyway, thank you for showing us the real name of this beautiful summit. I hope one day we will try it and that day shouldn't be far.
Thanks for your nice comments!

P.S.: You can see our logo (rather flag) among my images. (black and white)

Den

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Dec 30, 2006 11:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Mieguszowiecki rulez

Ha! the Polish name of these one of the most honourable Tatra peaks must be quite hard to pronounce for Hungarian ;-) ...the old Hungarian name of the peak is: "Nagy-Menguszfalvi-csucs"...however this one sounds quite exotic for me :-)

Miegusz offers besides lots of famous climbing routes (especially by the northern and eastern face falling to Morskie Oko lakae area) a few great routes for ambitous tourist scramble, fantastic target, wonderful mountain.

Cheers

Tomek

Den Arkin Smith

Den Arkin Smith - Dec 31, 2006 12:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Mieguszowiecki rulez

Things are getting absolutely clear to me ;)
Thank You!
I also start to feel myself a bit ignorant. But not much. :)
Hey! I can pronounce that polish name !!! :)

Den

Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Jan 12, 2007 5:03 am - Voted 10/10

Perfect shot -

with the wonderful background!
Thanks for sharing.

Den Arkin Smith

Den Arkin Smith - Jan 12, 2007 7:52 am - Hasn't voted

too kind! :)

Thank You Kenzo! It's an honor to me.
On the one hand it was that God-made wintery mountain range, on the other hand there were we (riff-raff climbers) to push the button of exposure :)
Take care!

Den

Viewing: 1-6 of 6