Antoinette Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
utahjimk

utahjimk - Aug 26, 2018 4:54 pm Date Climbed: Aug 25, 2018

wow!  Sucess!

took 3 hrs 50 min to summit starting from Granite Creek campground (east ridge route). Quite spectacular views in all directions -though still quite smoky from the 2018 California wildfires. This must have been awesome during the last ice age! My first Gros Ventre peak - a good choice.

dino61111

dino61111 - Jan 30, 2015 3:21 pm

Via the East ridge  Sucess!

Camped in a pleasant spot just below base of Antionette's east ridge(a fine place). On up the fairly steep ridge to 360 degree views from the center of the range. Maybe the most photogenic mountain in the Gros Ventre.

seano

seano - Jun 1, 2013 5:25 pm Date Climbed: May 31, 2013

East ridge  Sucess!

Not too much post-holing, and I was grateful to have the snow covering the awful talus. Great summit views in all directions. I continued on to "Open Door" (class 3, but ugly and loose), then returned down the bowl. Trip report.

WoollytheMammoth

WoollytheMammoth - Aug 7, 2011 3:10 am Date Climbed: Aug 6, 2011

Good times  Sucess!

Great peak, right in the middle of the Gros Ventres. The SE slope is a time saving descent route.

wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - Nov 22, 2008 11:06 pm

the magic of Antoinette  Sucess!

I first climbed up to this special peak in the mid ninties. It was a very cold and extremely windy fall day. I wore ski goggles on the peak because the wind was howling. I have returned four more times over the years to enjoy this very special summit. I have hiked down the SE slopes a couple of the times. I call this area Tilted Valley, because of the wild tilted strata. This peak is one of my personal favorite places on the whole planet.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Antoinette Peak' main page