Big Huckleberry Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
ericnoel

ericnoel - Jun 11, 2018 6:38 am Date Climbed: Jun 10, 2018

Big Huckleberry  Sucess!

Via FS 6605 shortcut. A pleasant hike on a soggy day.

Ian Culhane

Ian Culhane - Jan 23, 2015 3:49 am Date Climbed: May 31, 2014

From the PCT  Sucess!

Did a quick side trip up to the top from the PCT; got good views of a few of the surrounding Cascade mountains

LCannon

LCannon - Jun 27, 2007 12:34 am Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2007

No Bears! Lots of Flowers

I discovered this hike just this year, its only about 15 miles from my house so I was surprised I'd never been on it before. The wildflower display was amazing. I didn't make it to the top, my girls were getting tired, next time. As you say a great trail, not too steep and almost NO people we saw 5 all day.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - May 16, 2007 10:40 pm Date Climbed: May 13, 2007

More bears, eh?  Sucess!

5/13/07 Great hike with lots to see. Enjoyed the flowers on Grassy Knoll and the continued up to beautiful meadows with more flowers, some snow and ultimately a black bear in the last meadow. He shot off so quick when he saw me though. Hit the summit later than I expected and got home about 6 pm after starting up about 10:15 am. Took lots of photos though. May have to add this one to my annual list. Very cool hike with only about 5 other people on it this day.


5/29/16 With Luna, Diane and Ramsey. Fun hike with new friends. Wildflowers were really out this time. Still some views left on the summit but the trees are growing up on the eastern slopes. No bear in the meadow this time but saw another one on the road on the way out.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Big Huckleberry Mountain' main page