BORAH! Comments

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
imontop

imontop - Oct 10, 2011 6:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Very well written

I like how you include your worries as well as the accomplishments. Nice job brother! That is a big summit, and a good one to ahve on your resume. Great pics as usual!

Dean

Dean - Oct 11, 2011 12:28 am - Voted 10/10

Nice one

Borah was one of my favorite all time hikes. You've done a great job with the pics and story in sharing your experience. Nicely done.

Garfimi

Garfimi - Oct 11, 2011 12:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice one

Dean, I found your trip report of Borah useful and informative when I was making the plan to do it. To the both of you, I appreciate the comments.

TJ311

TJ311 - Oct 11, 2011 6:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice

Nice trip report. I'm glad to hear that Chicken Out Ridge wasn't as bad as you expected. I hope to do this peak one day! Thanks for sharing.

andrew david

andrew david - Apr 7, 2013 3:07 am - Voted 10/10

Helpful

This is a peak I have considered from time to time, and I hope to hit it one day after I get sick of peaks in the Sawtooths of Idaho. I will probably go alone as I have no physically fit friends (well they consider mountains crazy, while I consider treadmills crazy), so this was a good report for me to find. Thanks for the post. Hope you are doing well.

Garfimi

Garfimi - Apr 22, 2013 12:31 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Helpful

Andrew,
Good to hear you enjoyed my write up on Borah. I hope you enjoy Borah when you end up doing it. Great mountain!

reboyles

reboyles - Jun 7, 2014 6:45 am - Voted 10/10

FYI

There is an established technical route on the north side of the mountain that is named Borah Borah Borah. I'm building a route page for it and wanted to mention it so as to not confuse anyone.

ROUTE NAME: Borah Borah Borah
DATE: Oct 2004
FA: Tim Ball (SMG), Brad Schilling (CIRO) Doug Colwell
RATING: (Grade III 5.7RX M3 WI3)


Bob

Garfimi

Garfimi - Jun 11, 2014 1:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: FYI

Went ahead and changed the title. No need for any confusion. Thanks for the info.

reboyles

reboyles - Jun 11, 2014 7:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: FYI

I loved your write-up and photos. I made my 30th ascent last summer and I always enjoy reading what other people experienced up there.

Bob

reboyles

reboyles - Jun 11, 2014 7:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Thank You!

I just posted Psycho Therapy and now I'm going to build the Borah Borah Borah page. I wasn't even aware of this route until my friend Kevin sent me the description and photos. He's working on documenting the history of all of the routes on the mountain and I'm posting what he digs up. I guess he wants to dig every secret out of us old Idaho climbers before we forget what we've done or take our last 6 foot fall (whichever comes first. :-)

Bob

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'BORAH!' main page