Buffalo Hump Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
redmachine

redmachine - Apr 4, 2006 11:29 pm Date Climbed: Aug 22, 2002

With the lizard  Sucess!

climbed with mike. was a nice day.

eaglemechanic - Nov 17, 2005 9:50 am

Route Climbed: the long way aroung Date Climbed: august 1, 2005  Sucess!

While I was on leave from North Carolina my Dad, Brother in-law, and I walked to the top of the Hump. My family has camped at crooked river many times and have 4-wheeled to hump lake many times but the time i will remember will always be the day "I made it to the top of the Hump with my Dad." It was really cool when we got up there. The weather was perfect. We could see the Camas Prarie and the gold tint of the wheat and barley feilds. It took us about 2 and a half hours from Hump lake to the top and back. It was a great day!

mrh

mrh - Nov 9, 2004 6:15 pm

Route Climbed: East face Date Climbed: August 22, 2002  Sucess!

Climbed this one with my wife Janet. She was not feeling well and we almost abandoned it, but she was a trooper and stuck it out. The weather threatened to rain several times, but held off until we were driving out. The mountain is an easy climb, but the road in is horrendous. There were people at Hump Lake, but we had the mountain to ourselves even though it was a Saturday. Several small forest fires were visible from a lightning storm a few days before, but none were doing much.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Buffalo Hump' main page