Viewing: 1-4 of 4
dillweed

dillweed - Dec 17, 2006 8:57 am - Hasn't voted

solo

this sounds really fun. i've been wanting to do it for a while now. how was it solo? seems like you're pretty brave to do it alone. :-)

Layne Bracy

Layne Bracy - Dec 30, 2006 5:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: solo

I would've preferred a partner, especially for the car shuttle, but no one on SP took the bait! I set GPS points for the summits and the final TH, although the general route is pretty straightforward. I enjoy hiking solo, but it's not for everyone. Good luck if you go!

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Jun 11, 2007 11:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: White Baldy East ridge

I did a solo loop up the east ridge and down the west one yesterday, and I clearly remember the difficulties (large tower, and small nasty one) you mention on the east ridge (I think you called it the west ridge on accident?). I was wondering if it was just me, because I didn't know it was supposed to be tricky. Nice job going back down that way, I was relieved to go down an easier way!

Layne Bracy

Layne Bracy - Jun 13, 2007 7:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: White Baldy East ridge

Thanks for the correction! I had swapped E/W several times in my report and photo caption - hope it didn't confuse people. I'll blame my dyslexia on living in Denver where the mtns are west, whereas this range lies east of SLC. Glad you had a good outing!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Bullion Divide' main page