Bullrun Rock/Monument Rock/Table Rock Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Dundeel

Dundeel - Jun 17, 2021 11:17 am Date Climbed: Jun 12, 2021

Bullrun Table  Sucess!

Eric and I were more successful at Bullrun than Gen. McDowell was.....

ericnoel

ericnoel - Jun 13, 2021 8:48 pm Date Climbed: Jun 12, 2021

Bullrun  Sucess!

Hiked Bullrun then drove up Table Rock.

cjwhat

cjwhat - Aug 15, 2012 6:53 pm Date Climbed: Aug 2, 2012

Easier than expected  Sucess!

Heidi and I started at the trailhead and made the top of Bullrun Rock in less than an hour. There is actually an old road that goes from the south side of Bullrun Rock straight toward Monument Rock. That was less than an hour, also. From Monument we went cross-country north through the beautiful meadow and intercepted the trail -- you guessed, got back to the car in less than an hour.

Troy B

Troy B - Oct 15, 2010 11:22 pm Date Climbed: Oct 15, 2010

Bullrun/Monument Rock Loop  Sucess!

Slept in the car at the trailhead then made a nice sunrise hike out to the two points. Very enjoyable early morning hike!

Paul McClellan

Paul McClellan - Aug 24, 2009 1:05 am Date Climbed: Aug 22, 2009

Bullrun Rock  Sucess!

My canine Rudi and I got a late start on a warm afternoon so we just hiked up Bullrun Rock. The access road was in better shape than I had expected and we enjoyed camping that night at Elk Flat Spring forest camp.

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Aug 4, 2009 7:53 pm Date Climbed: Sep 17, 2005

Bullrun Rock  Sucess!

An enjoyable short hike.

Luke Morris

Luke Morris - Dec 25, 2008 10:39 pm Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2004

missing picture  Sucess!

We need to go back up there to get a picture of that cairn.

Luke Morris

Luke Morris - Sep 19, 2006 10:50 pm Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2004

cairn  Sucess!

I remember this hike well. It was the highlight of my year in 2004. I recently came out of a divorce and I can remember that all I could feel up there was a sense of something greater. That cairn was built by man and reaching straight up, the top was still about 4 feet above my hand. it looked as if one sneeze would bring it down it was so tall but it was very solid. It also had a squirrel living in it. My theory was that it was built by Bigfoot. when I saw it, it seemed logical that he could come in the winter and eat hibernating squirrels... I was told later though that it was built by sheepherders.

calebEOC

calebEOC - Sep 19, 2006 4:19 am Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2004

Explored the alpine meadow  Sucess!

First time I came out here I was looking for Castle Rock which is actually 20 miles to the south (lazy and haphazard planning for that trip). My brother who was living in Everett at the time made the trip down to hike with me. We made the big loop and hit all three highpoints, with the highlight being the old cairn atop Monument Rock. This is an easy hike for the day when you arent up to a grueling slog. The entire loop can be done in a few hours and offers some incredible views on a clear day.

Also drove up here a couple of times after that just because I enjoy the view so much. Have some other nice photos of the area, unfortunately I dont have a scanner at the moment to do anything with them. I took all these pictures the same day I climbed Ironside Mt to the east. The weather was ideal and I was in the area so I couldnt pass up another trip to MRW.

July 19th 2009
Came back up here with my brother Luke, friend Jake and his son Conner.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Bullrun Rock/Monument Rock/Table Rock' main page