Celebrating 20 Years of Marriage

Celebrating 20 Years of Marriage

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

As usual for me, nothing goes according to plans.

The Plan; 5 days of backpacking, summit at least 4 peaks and on the final night soak in a hot tub to celebrate our anniversary at a lodge.  The Result; 2 days backpacking, 1 dayhike, no summits, 2 nights at the lodge with hot tub.......but still a truly wonderful time.  So we left Agnew Meadows headed to Lake Ediza and The Ritter Range.  The snow around Banner and Ritter was unstable with mutiple avilanches/slides so we opted not to attempt.  Given the conditions of the snow and mostly Dawn (she was worried about the avalanches) really didn't want to tromp through the snow (didn't bring snowshoes) we left after night two to head to June Lakes for a lodge.  Then we were to hike up Carson Peak.  But Carson Peak was a fail as we recieved some "great" beta from a local on the trail that had the best route to Carson.  He put us on the ridge west of Carson looking down on the trail through Spooky Meadows.  If we had an extra 2 hours we could have made the summit but we started late and time became a factor.  So here are some photos of our hikes.

 Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
silversummit

silversummit - Jun 21, 2014 7:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Congratulations!

Looks like a great trip to celebrate your years together!

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Jun 23, 2014 12:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Congratulations!

Thanks so much! Really was great.....no summits but was great!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2