Viewing: 1-12 of 12
tlogan

tlogan - Apr 20, 2004 4:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks like a cool peak Bob... good work.

desainme

desainme - Apr 20, 2004 5:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cool pix. I thought Charlies Bunion to be on Mt. Leconte, but the map shows it between Leconte and Guyot. Been to Ice Water Spring and to Guyot. Looks like I need to go a bit farther to visit here. Good page.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Apr 20, 2004 9:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Man! Sorry you missed the Bunion! One of the greatest mountains in all of the Southern Apps! Make sure to go see it next time. It's an easy hike in and out in a day. (I almost always encounter bears, though. Sometimes aggressive ones.)



BobSmith

BobSmith - Apr 20, 2004 9:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Man! Sorry you missed the Bunion! One of the greatest mountains in all of the Southern Apps! Make sure to go see it next time. It's an easy hike in and out in a day. (I almost always encounter bears, though. Sometimes aggressive ones.)



Rachel

Rachel - Apr 20, 2004 7:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page, thanks for posting it. Cheers!

BobSmith

BobSmith - May 20, 2004 4:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks! I need to run up there and get some new photographs. Like I need an excuse.

EastKing

EastKing - Apr 20, 2004 9:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Look like a winner to summit. Nice page.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Apr 25, 2004 12:13 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

You need to go there if it's one you've missed. Easy to hike to. About eight miles round trip from Newfound Gap. You get to pass over the shoulder of Mt. Kephart along the way, too. And it's a short side trip to The Jumpoff, an enormous cliff on Kephart that's worth seeing.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 21, 2004 4:12 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice summit with a lot of people. Must have been pretty crowded that all these guys kept popping up on your pix :-)



Cheers

Gangolf

hgrapid

hgrapid - Aug 8, 2004 11:25 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Funny, I had never seen this page until today. Hopefully someone will add new photos to it...that being its main flaw.



You are in an interesting part of the country, close to all these Southeastern peaks. Me, I am up here in DC, sweating Grad School papers, work deadlines, and Kerry's political campaign. I would love to get back down there and hike. Good thing we have you down there to tell us some good places to go!



Question? What is the closest SP mountain to your home?

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Jul 12, 2008 8:14 am - Hasn't voted

Start Early and Avoid the Crowds

Nice page and cool pictures. I love the Bunion as well. Despite my numerous trips to the Smokies in the past 12 years I have only been to the Bunion 4 times. The last being in September of 05 when we did a predawn hike to see the sunrise. Missed the sun coming over the ridgeline by 15 minutes but regardless it was beautiful and we had the place to ourselves. If you haven't done it before, this hike can be combined with a short jaunt over to The Jumpoff (from The Boulevard) for some more awesome views of the area.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jul 13, 2008 6:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Start Early and Avoid the Crowds

Yeah, it can be a crowded place, unfortunately. I have had it to myself a couple of times, though. You have to get lucky.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Charlies Bunion' main page