Cobb Mountain Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Chris Doig

Chris Doig - Mar 6, 2007 3:43 am - Hasn't voted

Pics

If anyone has good pics of Cobb Mtn, especially from Mt St Helena please add them.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Feb 16, 2008 11:10 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Pics

I added one a year or so ago. I also attached a cool shot of the mountain from one of the geothermal powerplants. It is kind of a cool perspective. What is with all the low votes on this page?

gregorreis - Dec 31, 2009 12:31 am - Hasn't voted

Roads not driven on in years

I climbed Cobb Mtn from Whispering Pines on 12/30/2009. The road near the gate seems to get use from locals, however a little ways up the road becomes covered in pine needles and has many fallen trees across it. Most of the roads on this hike haven't been driven on in years, with the exception of the area near the gate and between the two summits with transmitters at the top. I wouldn't worry too much about avoiding work days--any vehicular traffic at the top would be easily avoided by stepping into the bushes.

Dundeel

Dundeel - Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Nearby camping

Boggs Mountain State Forest has a primitive campground that is free. Only services are an outhouse and a few picnic tables. The access road from 175 is about 1.5 miles north of Whispering Pines.

Noondueler

Noondueler - Oct 6, 2015 11:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Cobb is burnt big time

by the Valley Fire. At least there are views now.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Cobb Mountain' main page