East Ridge Comments

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

djilk - Aug 7, 2010 11:37 pm - Hasn't voted

A few additions

The road on the south side of Georgia Pass is fairly good, appropriate for passenger cars if driven carefully in the potholed sections. The road on the north side is genuine 4WD/high clearance, with some steep rocky sections and several creek crossings, as well as some threaded ATV trails that could be confusing.

In summer this route is mainly about walking carefully on rocks that are not always individually stable - about 1600' of it. The difficulties that everyone has described in winter near the top is completely avoidable by staying slightly right (N/NE) of the ridge crest.

The Southeast Ridge (we went up east ridge, down southeast) has some minor screen sections and although it looks partly grassy, that portion was brief. We eventually found the trail shown on the NatGeo map but it was thin and inconsistent. The forest was not too thick so it was easy bushwhacking.

djilk - Aug 7, 2010 11:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Camping

Almost forgot to mention, there is dispersed camping in numerous locations along the southern road to Georgia Pass, and some *sweet* spots right on the continental divide, in patches of trees, to the west of where the road first reaches the divide (there is a road along the divide to these spots.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'East Ridge' main page