Viewing: 1-13 of 13
EricChu

EricChu - Feb 28, 2011 8:28 am - Voted 10/10

Fantastic report!

I fully enjoyed reading this article of yours, Paulo! I always enjoy following your observations and your open-eyed way of travelling the world!
Many cheers,
Eric

PAROFES

PAROFES - Feb 28, 2011 8:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Fantastic report!

Thank you very much Eric!
I hope you know i hold you as a distant friend, and of course a fan of your music hehehe
Look at the photos, just uploaded them!
Cheers
Paulo

EricChu

EricChu - Feb 28, 2011 1:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Fantastic report!

Thanks Paulo - same from my side as well! :-)

Very nice photos you took of the people and the life in Quito!

All the best to you,

Eric

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Mar 1, 2011 6:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Observative..

Thanks Paulo for the nice comments. I appreciate it. I don't think I'm the most known Ecuadorian climber and guide here, though. Just a climber and guide. I'd be happy if I can keep a low profile, so I can enjoy my climbs and outdoor adventures to the max, as I've done it so far.

I enjoyed hanging out with you and the other guys up in the mountains. you guys were fun!

Wow!, you're very observative. Thank you for pointing out about the way of life in my country, good and bad stuff. Sometimes is hard to notice those small details about Ecuadorian lifestyle while traveling in my country.

I guess most of the pictures here were taken in the Zumbahua area, weren't they?.

Hugs Paulo!

Boriss...

PAROFES

PAROFES - Mar 4, 2011 6:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Observative..

Thank you Boriss!
About my comments on you, they are true, you know that.
Well, folks here doesn't like very much but the important is the ecuadorian SPers to like it. hehehe
Hey, you are!
Access the "people" page, use the advanced search and select country, you'll be the first one on top, as well as i'd be if you chose Brazil! :P
The pictures: Most of them on the park, and the other ones some of them at Quilotoa village and Chaupi!

Hugs my friend, now i'm leaving to Itatiaia for some more mountains no one climb for about 15 years!!!
Wish me luck
Paulo

Tim Geerlings

Tim Geerlings - Mar 7, 2011 6:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Write up

Very enjoyable read,thanks!
Una sugerencia - en inglés el pronombre "I" se escribe en letra mayuscula... no es como en español y portugués.
Thanks again!

PAROFES

PAROFES - Mar 9, 2011 9:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Write up

Thanks for the correction Tim, as soon as i get some time i'll correct that!
Cheers
Paulo

Noondueler

Noondueler - Mar 7, 2011 7:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Why don't you

just cut the red letters at the top.
The article speaks for itself!

PAROFES

PAROFES - Mar 9, 2011 9:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Why don't you

Okay Noon, i'll follow your idea!
Cheers
Paulo

gabr1

gabr1 - Mar 16, 2011 11:11 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks

I really liked your article too. It has a very personal touch to it, thank you for writing. I can confirm the pickpocketing problem in Italy is quite common in big cities :) , but then again, i guess it must be common in almost if not all big cities in the world. That is just part of city life. It's really sad to hear about the national parks, and i really hope this phenomenon is not as capillar as you hint it might be. In the end it all comes down to people being educated to undertand the actual value, also the economic one, of maintaining these areas as well as possible.
I don't think it takes much for people to realize the potential. I hope i am not "peeing out of the toilet" as we say here in italy, since i don't have real data on this, but only my small observation, but i think Slovenia might be a good example of this. In recent years the Triglav Narodni Park has grown many tourist-friendly structures, has developed a great level of hospitality and activities, but on the other hand is also extremely clean, well kept and also quite wild for being a known tourist gathering point. It looks to me that by insisting on quality of service and on good education of anyone visiting, they are attracting the "good" kind of tourists, the ones that try to leave little or no trace, and respect the places they visit.
That is something that areas in Italy like the Dolomites have not yet learned, as they keep trying to cater to the moneyspending skiers that require big hotels, cableways, big parking areas, etc... instead of looking for people who respect those mountains.
In the ens, i really hope Ecuador can learn how make nature be a value for them, and not a garbage dump, and not exagerate in it's exploitation like we often did in the Dolomites.

Anyway, apart from all of this, thanks again for writing.
Gabriele

PAROFES

PAROFES - Mar 16, 2011 6:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

Gabriele,

You said it all my friend. I agree with all your words.
Indeed it is a city problem the pickpocket.
And the national parks in Ecuador, just like the ones here in my country...
Too bad, too bad...
Cheers
Paulo

Andrew Rankine

Andrew Rankine - Feb 22, 2012 12:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks for a great read

I really enjoyed reading this article. I am planning a trip to Patagonia, and I was also thinking on climbing in a few places along the way South. Now I will definently consider it. This information will be very helpful to me.

PAROFES

PAROFES - Feb 24, 2012 6:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks for a great read

Glad you like!
Good luck on your climbs around here!
Cheers
Paulo

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Ecuadorian impressions' main page