Elk Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Dundeel

Dundeel - Dec 4, 2011 1:49 am Date Climbed: Dec 3, 2011

Elk Hunting  Sucess!

Ryan and I bike/hiked this one. Our RT was about 11 miles. Time was about 3.5 hours but an in shape biker could do it faster. The northeast contour is clearly lower and does not need to be visited.
We talked to a couple of hunters. Unlike them, we bagged our "Elk".

ericnoel

ericnoel - Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm Date Climbed: Feb 23, 2008

Elk  Sucess!

We did this strictly on foot although on the return it was pretty clear that a bike would have been a nice time-saver. Mostly this was pretty flat and boring and we made a little loop of it for excitement. Or something.

Redwic

Redwic - Nov 8, 2010 11:36 am Date Climbed: Nov 6, 2010

One Of Several Hikes That Day!  Sucess!

Despite the presence of many hunters in the area, I took the necessary clothing/gear precautions (including a lot of orange blaze!). Elk Mountain is almost sad to look at, but it is the Wahkiakum CoGPP so I felt compelled to summit the peak. I had already summited Huckleberry Ridge (the CoHP) and Crown Point (a "dirty" CoGPP candidate) earlier during the day, as well as the Pacific CoHP the previous evening and several peaks the following day. I rarely get down to southwestern Washington; I wanted to make the most of my trip down there. Taking my bike was the smartest idea I had; it made descents super-quick and the logging road travel less annoying.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Elk Mountain' main page