Page Type Page Type: Canyon
Location Lat/Lon: 36.16005°N / 51.19629°E
Activities Activities: Canyoneering
Seasons Season: Summer
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Enderesm (also Enders) Valley is where you can truly call it pure nature!
Enderesm is abbr. form of "Dareh Khers" that means "The Vlley of Bears" . If you will lucky , you'll see Brown Bears there !

This wonderful valley with its pure nature begins from Azad Bar Mountain and gorge after various waterfalls ends in north jungles of Iran. This valley is famous for its waterfalls. There are about 30 waterfalls in this valley from 30 to 3 m. But no matter how much their height are, there is only one way to reach the end of your journey: descend all of the waterfalls, because there is no way back after the second waterfall!!! Almost all the time you have to walk in river because there is no dry land!! Descending all of the waterfalls and finishing the journey takes almost 2 days.

The best season is in the middle of summer. And if you go there remember: the best thing is an 8 or reverso, but do not use any prossik!! because after coming down, you are in water and you don’t have any time to open your prossik also your rope is wet and full of mud which make using a prossik impossible.

You may need to swim after descending some waterfalls because of deep water beneath them !

Getting There

Charming valley of Enderesm is located in northwest of Tehran in a distance of about 105 kilometers following Tehran-Chalous road.

To get there,first you have to follow the Tehran-Chaloos road,and then get out of the main road just before the Kandovan Tunnel.Follow the subordinating road,to where it ends.This is where hiking starts.

After passing Enderesm valley , you'll reach the Chaharbagh village where you could get a car to come back to Chaloos-Tehran road .

Red Tape

There is no red tape here. Check the weather forecast before going to area . 11 climbers were dead in 2004 because of paying no attention to this matter and drowned in flood when raining started !

Camping

Camping is allowed every where. There is no hut . Don't camping in narrow section of valley . If it will raining , the danger of flood will be serious !

External Links

Some pics are from : Mehr Mountain Climbing Club
Oaj Mountain Climbing Club
climbing.ir
Mountaineering Federation of Iran

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.