Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Dean

Dean - Sep 16, 2008 2:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Is this the Bald Mtn ?

You mentioned looking for Bald Mtn. Was this the one you were interested in? LINK

BSPclimber

BSPclimber - Sep 16, 2008 3:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Is this the Bald Mtn ?

Yeah that is the one. I had actually brought a print out of your page, but since I was coming from a different direction, I just used a state map that seemed to show an easy way to 2516. But that map showed 2415 ending where I made the right turn that threw me off the track.
I enjoy your pages, yours along with Bob's and Dennis' pages have made me want to get all the P2K's I can. I'm up to 20 in Oregon now, and hope to have 50 by the time I turn 50 (not long now!).

Eric

Dean

Dean - Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Is this the Bald Mtn ?

It took me two times to get this one and the roads back there can be very confusing. By taking that one that I used, it takes you right to the base of the lookout road. I went from there over to the Yamsay Peak area. I think prominence peak chasing is the most fun I have had and I certainly welcome you to the "club". I'm now currently trying to get all the ones in Utah I can since I'm living down here. I have a daughter who lives in Sherwood so I still get to chase my Oregon ones on occasion. I picked up Drake, Gearhart and 8 Dollar on my last trip. Best of luck and have fun.

BSPclimber

BSPclimber - Sep 17, 2008 2:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Is this the Bald Mtn ?

I just checked another map and the road I mentioned in the report that I thought might lead there was the right one...just a few miles and it connects with 2516 very close to the lookout road. Oh well, i'm planning on getting down that way again to bag it along with Yamsay, then heading east for Gearhart, Crane, Drake, Warner and Steens. Thank you for the info and vote.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Four days, Seven Summits' main page