Goat Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4

hoek2000 - Sep 19, 2019 5:28 pm Date Climbed: Jul 13, 2019

Via Michael Lake  Sucess!

Went as a long day hike via the Michael Lake/Cathedral Pass Trailhead route that Klenke describes. Didn't see anyone for the whole day after I got on the trail. Once at the lake, I couldn't figure out how to get into the correct gully without some bushwhacking, but it let up as I got higher. I was too far southwest when I came out on the saddle/ridge (which gets very jagged as you get further from Goat's summit), and tried to follow the ridge to the peak, but that got way too dicey so I headed back down. I was ready to give up but then I looked back toward the saddle and figured out Klenke's actual route. That worked fine and was no more than class 3. Overall, long but very enjoyable outing.

Redwic

Redwic - Jun 17, 2016 8:14 am Date Climbed: Jun 12, 2016

Davis-Goat Traverse  Sucess!

Davis Peak Trail -> Davis Peak LO Site -> Davis-Central Summit -> Goat

A nice day and an interesting route. The views are great and the mountain feels much more remote than it actually is.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jun 9, 2016 12:43 pm Date Climbed: Jun 8, 2016

Davis Peaks to Goat traverse  Sucess!

We climbed the Davis peaks including the north one and then traversed over to Goat Mountain. 77/144 Trip report

ericnoel

ericnoel - Aug 10, 2010 11:28 am Date Climbed: Aug 9, 2010

Goat 6600  Sucess!

I tried this in 2007 as a dayhike over Davis Peak and once on top of Davis it was clear that the terrain was too time consuming for my slow pace and the time available. So I came back and tried it via the Lake Michael route suggested by Klenke. There was some route-finding but no major problems. Though I could have done without the wet brush. There is some slow travel and some up and down so I was glad to have done it as a backpack rather than as a dayhike.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Goat Mountain' main page