Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Dean

Dean - Sep 6, 2009 12:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice TR

Thanks for taking the time to put this TR together. I think this has persauded me to think about this route rather than going via the FTD plateau route.

Moogie737

Moogie737 - Sep 6, 2009 6:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice TR

Thanks very much. I always try to fashion a report so that it offers information of value, not just my own value judgements or careless ramblings. Let me know if you need additional details.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Sep 8, 2009 8:19 am - Voted 10/10

Good Job

Great trip report Michael. Almost makes me feel like I was there ;) I will add any photos I have that may differ from yours.

Moogie737

Moogie737 - Sep 8, 2009 11:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Job

Let me know if you think I left out something important.

paulstu

paulstu - Dec 15, 2009 7:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice Report and Photos

I was the other climber that "appeared out of seemingly nowhere"...and you're right...I was glad to touch the summit and start descending, with the weather threatening like it was. But I wasn't with another group...I was doing a one-day solo ascent...a 50th birthday "celebration".

Moogie737

Moogie737 - Jan 2, 2010 5:18 pm - Hasn't voted

What a celebration

Thanks for the further clarification. I have thought many times since that I should have imposed upon you to take our summit photo (that is, Joe and me together) but it was so windy and miserable that the thought never crossed my mind. What would you think about "leading" me and a friend to the summit on the route you took? Let me know if you're planning another Granite Peak trip; we like them compressed if possible! :)

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Mar 19, 2010 11:28 am - Voted 10/10

This Deserved More

recognition and a front page. It is well written, informative and it is convincing me to follow this route when I attempt Granite. Thanks you for the informative text and photos. This page is much more informative and detailed than the SW Couloir route page. Nice work.

Moogie737

Moogie737 - Jun 3, 2010 5:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This Deserved More

Sorry for the delayed reply. Sometimes I forget to browse through my stuff on SP. Your remarks were flattering, and I am glad that the information may be helpful to you. I think that is the object of posting this kind of material: to help others and make them just that much more aware of what they might be getting themselves into. I know I appreciate it. Hope your attempt on Granite is as successful as ours was.

SRE

SRE - Aug 9, 2012 1:47 am - Hasn't voted

two route variations

Thanks for posting your report! It's great, especially the bit about ice axes. It seems there are TWO routes, and you did the harder one. I went up your way and down the way the SP Southwest Coulouir route page describes.

My report is at http://climber.org/reports/2012/1809.html
It got too long, but has lots of maps and waypoints.
There's a link to your report at the bottom... let me know if you'd like that presented differently, and I'd be honored if you included a link in your report also.

themnkid

themnkid - Nov 30, 2013 2:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Awesome

Great Read & pictures! I hope to have the chance to attempt this someday.

crussellbowden

crussellbowden - Aug 1, 2014 2:09 am - Hasn't voted

Good to know

Looking at doing this in the next month or so, and this page was extremely helpful. I was really excited to learn an alternative to the all-too-unreliable FTD plateau route, and your report was fantastic and convincing for sure!

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Granite Peak: Laser Strike & the Southwest Couloir' main page