Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.53673°N / 11.47170°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 5751 ft / 1753 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A small summit in the german Karwendel.

You will have the possibility to fresh yourself in a nature basin of fresh mountain water. You should not fear the heights and have a save stand, even on this easy tour.

If you have never been here you should take the time and drive to Eng/Großer Ahornboden. Don't get shocked by the tourists there! But it is worth it!

Getting There

Sylvensteinsee


Highway Munich - Salzburg --> Exit Tegernsee --> Bad Tölz --> Sylvensteinsee --> Vorderriß

In Vorderriß you have to drive to the direction of Hinterriß/Eng, but the tour starts on a wild parking area left handed (about 2.5km after Hinterriß) for around three cars only. You will find a yellow sign (Wiesenbauer Hochleger)

Also possible to drive from Achensee (traveling from the west) to the Sylvensteinsee or from Wallgau (traveling from the east)

Route

Schafreuter
Wiesenbauer Hochleger
Grasköpfl summit
Schafreuter


Soon after starting your hike you will cross some small streambed and then you have to follow a country road. After the country road takes a hard right turn and moves up very steep, you will find a path on the right side which you follow now.

The path will now follow a stream with some waterfalls. The bridge you cross is a good place to relax when comming back down on hot days!

Then you cannot get lost until you reach the Wiesenbauer Hochleger, where you have a nice view to the Schafreuter to the right.

But you have to follow the way behind the hut you see to your left! When you cross some debrisarea you are just below the summit. After the crossing of the NE Face of Grasköpfl ;) the path to the summit cannot be missed. It is leading up before you reach the ridge with the path to the Sylvensteinsee.

Map

Map

Camping

Camping is not allowed. But on 3/4 of the way the Wiesenbauere Hochleger is a great cow paddock for bivouac!

Video