Viewing: 1-7 of 7
hgrapid

hgrapid - Dec 17, 2007 7:35 pm - Hasn't voted

9 feet?

9 feet above sea level?

cftbq

cftbq - Dec 18, 2007 12:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: 9 feet?

Yes; it's a goof. For some reason, only the first digit took. (Honest, I typed in all four digits!) The correct elevation is 9,348. I'm working with the elves to get it fixed.

shknbke

shknbke - Feb 20, 2008 2:50 pm - Voted 10/10

nice page

Good work with the page, Pat. It's nice to see the El Paso summits getting some publicity. I think your summit photo may actually be the unnamed northern summit. The named summit is totally tree covered. I'm pretty sure the named summit is higher, although the northern summit has the same closed countour elevation.

cftbq

cftbq - Mar 12, 2008 12:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: nice page

Yes, the photo is the more photogenic, bare rocks on the north. I wondered about the elevations, especially viewing it from the west on the way down from Blue. Guess I'll have to suck it up and go back to make sure, first hand!

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Dec 14, 2008 2:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Gray Back Peak: New photos added

Pat,

I added three new images to your Gray Back Peak page. I noticed you didn't have many photos on that mountain page. You are welcome to use my images on the page / integrate them into the content.

Safe climbing!

Sarah

cftbq

cftbq - Jun 14, 2009 2:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Gray Back Peak: New photos added

Thanks, Sarah. And I'm sorry it took me so long to check in on my own page and see your additions, as well as your TR. The photo of Vigil is similar to one I took in April of 08, but has more visual punch due to the snow.

skorpeo

skorpeo - Aug 15, 2009 5:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Pikes Paek region as Parent

I noticed the Pikes Peak Region is not listed as parent. I would be a nice change.

Oh, also at the trailhead it would be nice to mention that the trail is the center one that climbs steeply. It's probably obvious, bit it would be a nice addition since there are three trails.

Chris

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Gray Back Peak' main page