Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Dec 13, 2007 7:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Should be a Feature

Ryan,

Beautiful story. Hearing about motivational events in others' lives is a pick-me-up. Although brief, this is worthy of a feature page trip report. You have a beautiful primary image with that axe on the summit. Maybe just rename it a TR? I throw that out because it would undoubtedly get more attention than in the albums section. The expression of your sentiments deserves a wider reading.

Best to you,
Augie

theronmoon

theronmoon - Dec 13, 2007 8:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Should be a Feature

Thanks for the comments! I was thinking of changing it, just a bit lazy. I would like to add some more to the experience, espcially favorite mountains, moments, and not so favorite. Check back it a bit. thanks again, ryan

Travis_

Travis_ - Dec 14, 2007 5:58 pm - Hasn't voted

nice write-up

I also have a goal of 100 HPS peaks, I am hoping to get my 100th before the end of the year, but I need to get hiking. I think I am at 88 or something.

theronmoon

theronmoon - Dec 14, 2007 7:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: nice write-up

Keep up the pace. I could have finished almost two years ago, but life gets in the way sometimes. Also I found it hard to keep to HPS peaks, I get inspired to hike so many peaks that aren't on that list. Also I always find new favorites and want to do repeat hikes. One day I'll do another hundred but first there are a couple of other golas I want to reach. Have fun and thanks for checking out the page.

Dean

Dean - Dec 16, 2007 4:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Lists are great

If I lived down there (grew up in the San Fernando Valley), I would definitely be interested in the HPS peaks as I am one who loves to have goals and lists help keep me motivated. I discovered county highpoints and prominence peaks to keep my passion fueled and this is why I enjoyed your report so much, I see in you a kindred spirit. BTW, the pic with the ice axe is stellar.

theronmoon

theronmoon - Dec 16, 2007 5:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lists are great

Thanks Dean , that means a lot to me. I envy all the work you have done, especially on the prominence lists. The funny thing with that picture is I couldn't view my shot screen, so I was just hoping it would look right. On to other lists, I won't be finishing HPS for awhile and besides there are so many other great lists out there. I think I have ADD when it comes to peakbagging.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Hundred Peaks, 100th Peak, Garnets' main page