Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Brian C

Brian C - Jan 9, 2011 1:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

Thanks! It was "class C" fun...aka...fun once back on ground.

Gareth

Gareth - Jan 21, 2011 10:57 am - Voted 10/10

Congratulations!

That steep, crumbly mess must have been a formidable challenge! Looking at the east and west faces of West Butte, I concluded that an ascent would probably require hammering in metal stakes of some sort for aid.......I guess I was right. Well, I did have two other ideas: one involving a ladder, and the other involving a really long rope and some way to get it over the butte and back to the ground on the other side :-)) I could be mistaken, but I do think that the Sterling fire department did use the ladder idea.

Brian C

Brian C - Jan 21, 2011 8:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Congratulations!

Thanks. The land owners did say they used ladders. Pretty brave nonetheless to totter up a long ladder in the early 1900s!

Foxy Long Bottoms

Foxy Long Bottoms - Mar 3, 2011 11:59 am - Voted 10/10

LOVE IT!

I kinda want to climb this. But I also kinda don't. :-) Great TR!!! Way to keep the adventure alive.

Brian C

Brian C - Mar 3, 2011 2:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: LOVE IT!

Thanks! If you ever do let me know if anybody else has signed our summit register. It was a very fun day after we were back on the ground. I can't wholeheartedly recommend it due to safety but it was a cool summit. Maybe if it got cleaned up a bit with some better gear it would be a classic. Cheers!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'In Defense of Adventure' main page