Indianhouse Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
NateBannish

NateBannish - Jul 31, 2019 7:51 am Date Climbed: Jul 15, 2018

Standard - East Couloir   Sucess!

Climbed this route several times actually. Pretty straightforward but a leg buster

climberben

climberben - Feb 8, 2013 5:38 pm Date Climbed: Nov 25, 2001

fun route  Sucess!

Nice scramble in the winter from the Falls Creek trail

guerinak

guerinak - Aug 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Regular Route  Sucess!

Unfortunately it started raining on my way up. Would like to climb again in better weather.

Laron

Laron - Jun 26, 2012 12:22 pm

West face  Sucess!

At the end of May 2005, a friend and I did a "killer" traverse from Indian over Homicide and the Suicides. After that, Peter, my friend went down to Falls Lake to soak some sun while I cruised the ridge over to Indianhouse's NW ridge. I think there's one short class 4 section to gain the upper part of the face from the ridge and reach the summit. I just went around those 5th class steps. It was easy enough to skirt below them on the south side.I would like to try that east side now.

Steve Gruhn - Nov 8, 2010 3:07 pm Date Climbed: Apr 28, 2007

Climbed Twice  Sucess!

I first climbed Indianhouse Mountain one April in the early 1990s. I returned to lead a Mountaineering Club of Alaska trip to the summit on April 28, 2007.

The secret in the spring is to start really early to avoid avalanche danger in Notch Gully. Starting at 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. is not too early. Watching the sunrise over Bird Ridge while on the ridge crest is an amazing sight. And the reason to go in the spring is the tremendous glissade down Notch Gully. Perhaps the most memorable glissade I've ever had.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Nov 8, 2010 2:35 am

E face, central gully  Sucess!

I first climbed this mountain with Rich Schult in 1987, and have been on it several times since. The photos on the page were mostly taken on Oct. 10, 2010.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Indianhouse Mountain' main page